Looking for value of Miller 175 Mig
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Looking for value of Miller 175 Mig

Hey guys,
    I need a welder for a number of projects. I found a used Miller 175 (I guess its a millermatic) that they want $500 for. Is this a good price? I am only wondering since I could go to tractor supply and get a new hobart 187 for $600. Would it be worth it just to get the Hobart?

Re: Looking for value of Miller 175 Mig

A used one sold on ebay for $500. A new Miller 180 goes for $800
    "Common sense is not very common"

http://www.tahoekeyshome.com

If I were to buy this, what gauge wire would i need to run for the outlet? I have wired my 220volt air compressor by myself, so I am guessing I can do this. I just don't know the gauge wire or size circuit breaker to use.

I am a past owner of a Millermatic 175, and a current owner of a Hobart Handler 187. This decision would be an easy call for me. I'd go with the Hobart Handler 187. Between the two, in the areas of arc starts, arc characteristics, spatter level, ease of dial in a solid arc, and weld puddle wet out the Handler 187 is the better performer.

Guys around me were wanting about the same for their used one with some miles on it. I also bought a Hobart at Tractor Supply. Paid a little more and got the HH210 and Spool Gun. Love this little welder.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I am a past owner of a Millermatic 175, and a current owner of a Hobart Handler 187. This decision would be an easy call for me. I'd go with the Hobart Handler 187. Between the two, in the areas of arc starts, arc characteristics, spatter level, ease of dial in a solid arc, and weld puddle wet out the Handler 187 is the better performer.
    I have to agree. I have used several different Miller welders, and most of them are really good. I own a 175, and the truth is... the arc quality was better on my Lincoln 100 welder. No, it was'nt as powerful, but it was a better performing welder. Miller 180, 210?? Great welders. I would go with a Hobart over a Miller 175.
    I think she is Bi-polar. She is a bear sometimes. Does this make her a BiPolar bear????