Miller syncrowave 300 (s)

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366893885.458679.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  29.3 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366893894.199108.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  35.7 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366893903.257883.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  29.9 KB

I found this on Craigslist and was wondering if its worth the price they are asking. They want 1400 Obo and I think what you see in the pictures is what it comes with. I have only tig welded probably 30 minutes back in shop class in 2005 so I'm not a tig welder by any means but wanna learn, so would this be a good place to start? Also I read somewhere that the s in 300 s means that this machine will only do ac is that true?
    Thanks a lot
    Matt

Re: Miller syncrowave 300 (s)

That's a fair price, although I have seen them cheaper. The (S) designation stands for Special, or non production model. If you look at the two DRO meters, you will see the unit has a Digi Meter installed right in the panel of the machine, which is not a regular factory option. It is a shunted DC meter usually sold as a stand alone unit. I actually own one. It's on my load bank.

Miller manufactured a number of special order machines for large customers (mainly the military) & the only Syncrowave machines that are AC only state so on the face panel. It says Syncrowave AC.

You'll need a solid 100 amps @ 230 VAC to power it to full output, it will run on less, but not well. It also weighs about 800 lbs.

If anything, it's unique & the meters make it worth a little more. They will only display actual output tho, not preset values.

IMHO of course
    Last edited by 7A749; 04-25-2013 at 09:20 AM.

Never knew about the (S) but I've seen a couple specials. Thought it would be cool to have one w/ the built in sequencer for welding out of position w/ a momentary switch.

If you've got 100a, it's the last TIG you'll ever own.
    Syncrowave 300
    Maxtron 450, S-52E, 30A

I have done a lot of dc tig welding and stick welding with that same machine. Good shop machine. Not portable and will take up some space, as you can see.
    Jason
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 stick/tig
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Miller Bluestar 2E
    Torchmate CNC table
    Ironworkers Local 720

Owner/Operator Devlin Metal Works
    Custom CNC Plasma Cutting and Welding