Hi from an NC-CH
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Hybrid View

Hi from an NC-CH

That's Cheese Head, not Chapel Hill I'm actually an NCSU alum , born and raised in WI, living in Caldwell Co. NC. Lots of good stuff on this forum. I've had my Hobart 135 mig for about 2 years now - mostly small repairs and projects. My dad, a retired steam fitter, passed away last year and I was afraid his old SA200 would be scrapped so I dragged it home from WI to NC this summer. It was pretty rough looking and wasn't welding the last time it was run over 25 years ago but after some inexpensive maintenance I got it welding! I still have quite a bit to do to make it look good and get the body back together but everything is there and it seems to work fine. Although I have three brothers in the trade in the Green Bay area, I haven't had a welding lesson since high school and a very little in college. I do have 150lbs of old 3/32 6010 to practice with.

Attached is a pic of the heirloom SA200 and a boom pole I made with the little mig welder.

Brad Blazer
    1964 Lincoln SA200-F162
    Hobart Handler135
    Attached Images Attached Images  

them there machines are real beauties I'd love to have one. one day...one day...
    CHRIS

Welcome to the forum. I've had wonderful experiences on here, and have received some really good advice. Hope you get the old welder looking sharp. You'll get a lot of enjoyment out of getting that welder back into shape.
    Better than a thousand days of diligent study is one day with a great teacher.