Pictures of welders workin!
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Pictures of welders workin!

Please add any bad *** pictures you may have of welders on the job! crazy fit up jobs, and welding positions!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: Pictures of welders workin!

Some nice photos there. The middle photo resembles a Hubble nebula. Giant welding helmet and VGs in space, forging new worlds!!
    Last edited by bearston; 06-29-2013 at 12:18 PM.

When a welder tells you to "stick it", what do they really mean?

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by bearston View Post
    Some nice photos there. The middle photo resembles a Hubble nebula. Giant welding helmet and VGs in space, forging new worlds!!
    MY thoughts EXACTLY haha I totally thought it looked like a Galaxy far away

Welding the begining haha

few jobs, and places ive worked throughout our corperation. I am a boiler maintainence welder at one of our coal fired stations, but i also travel throughout the system wherever another welder may need assistance with work. Also during my apprenticeship years ago i rotated throughout the system at different worksite locations, generally for 1-2 years and then rotate again to gain experience.

some more.

Pressure_welder Holy ****balls that is a bad *** job! what dam is that? Really awesome photos!

Quote Originally Posted by MrWeldSoCal View Post
    Pressure_welder Holy ****balls that is a bad *** job! what dam is that? Really awesome photos!
    the new construction one is called wuskwatim, heres another where i first started my training, kettle g.s

I break everything, I asked my GF take a pic for your thread tonight. Bucket forks almost ripped two holes in the loader so had to straighten and plate it underneath.
    I hate being bi-polar it's awsome

My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys

Mike....... Um.......

That is gonna heat up that beer...........
    Never weld more in the morning than you can grind off in the afternoon.....
    Armageddon!!!!

Precision TIG 185
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 42
    O/A
    3 Argon tanks
    Facebook...... F2 Metal Works
    ETSY....... https://www.etsy.com/shop/F2MetalWorks

Quote Originally Posted by Fexal View Post
    Mike....... Um.......

That is gonna heat up that beer...........
    LOL FEX, They don't last that long with me! Esp. on the weekends
    I hate being bi-polar it's awsome

My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys

I read this and thought of this....

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372545904.528145.jpg
Views: 4437
Size:  23.9 KB

And going through all the photos (over a 1000) on my iPad, I found 1 action shot of me...
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372545945.025479.jpg
Views: 4395
Size:  53.7 KB
    Miller trailblazer 325
    Miller 12rc
    Miller Xmt 304
    Thermal arc hefty II
    Thermal dynamics Cutmaster 52

Miller Xmt 304
    Miller s22p12
    Miller Millermatic 250
    Miller legend

mr weld got to add to this one. great idea, pw as ever amazing work, amc love it, i live in belfast , some years ago i cut a pipe on the top of a pipe bridge in an oill terminal with wheels . cold cut,, i was lucky not to end up in hollywood10 miles away. the first pics here are from a nitrogen tower takedown im the welder with the short legs, thats 20 years ago. check out the head of hair in the last pic. memories alan

Pressure_Welder

I've always wondered what you looked like - pic # 1.

Your photos, composition and quality, are up to:

http://enr.construction.com/

www.nationalgeographic.com/

standards: in subject, and photo-interest.

Most of the WW hasn't had your fun - you can't get
    the pic, unless your are there.

If any readers are destined to be a career welder, learn
    from PW, record all that you do.

And you will like yourself more, later in life.

Opus

A rare pic of me actually working and another setting ballistic glass at the presidential inauguration stands back in January.

Me at work.

Last edited by MikeGyver; 06-30-2013 at 04:30 AM.
    Welding/Fab Pics: www.UtahWeld.com

Quote Originally Posted by weldermike View Post
    I break everything, I asked my GF take a pic for your thread tonight. Bucket forks almost ripped two holes in the loader so had to straighten and plate it underneath.
    Yes, that Kubota equipment is not holding up this week. I put a couple of major breaks and bends in a 30" mini ex bucket I'm not sure how to fix it.

Working
    voodoowelding.com
    Miller Dynasty 350
    Miller Trailblazer 302 Diesel
    Miller MM252, MM251
    Thermal Dynamics A120, CM52
    CNC Plasma Table
    Snap On Tools in an Epiq Box
    AWS Qualified/Certified Welder

well rooted through some of the archives for those who may be interested. This set is from the beginning when I was an apprentice working at the kettle G.S dam. shows a picture of lifting one of the rotors on unit 4, as it had caught fire during the night. We all got called in at 3am that night ( welders, mechanics, electricians, utility crew) and all worked together 48hrs straight to get the rotor able to be pulled out. she weighs 800,000LBS actually have to get permission to do an engineered lift as it is over the capacity of the two powerhouse cranes when there hooked up together. Every day the unit was down she lost over 100,000$ in power generation so you could see the panic!

some more pictures, one of me welding in my younger days on a bridge we had to build for rock trucks to be able to access a brand new dam building site. It was a neat project the base was made out of a boxcar, cut the sides off and added structural material to strengthen, and then 10x10's were added horizontally and then perpindicualar. Also another dam I was rotated too and worked at for 3 years, (built in the 1950s) was undergoing a huge refurbishment project, replacing transformers and all new highly efficient turbine blades, draft tube re-contouring etc. these turbine blades are MUCH harder to do cavitation on, generally you can walk up the blades, these ones NO chance lol. so a new intricate scaffold had to be constructed. Pictures show the blades and headcover attached before lifting into the hole. Also a picture of the transformers that came in on rail car, this particular dam was a "fly in" only dam no access by road so a majority of our materials etc were brought in by rail. These transformers had 1-1/2" plate "stoppers" welded to the rail car and butted up against the transformer to prevent it from moving so I had to cut all these plates on so haulage could move the transformers off the rail car and move them to the dam over 5 miles away. They moved them on a remote controlled mamoett dolly system. Funny thing is these transformers ALWAYS came in just before Christmas or right after...... some days I was out there in -60.... could only cut for about 20 minutes and then I would have to take the torch into the truck and warm it up on the heaters.
    Last edited by Pressure_Welder; 06-30-2013 at 02:45 PM.

and then in turn all of our old transformers were being shipped out so they had to be fastened in the same way, bring out the old 1/4" 7018 ! welding the transformers down wasn't as bad a job as cutting them off because I had to pre heat the rail car deck so it was nice and warm! cutting off the transformers....... well ill let you imagine what its like laying on a steel deck 2" thick at -50 to - 60 !

also as posted before welding cross bracing on a brand new spillway

NOW! the best place on earth to work... laurie river 1 @ 2 g.s two small plants built in the 1930s in the middle of nowhere! fly in only. I took care of this station also and it was always such a treat to go here, generally only 4 employees here on an 8 day shift. Ill be entirely honest, you bust your *** for the first 5 - 6 days to get your work done, and then you spend the rest of your shift fishing!!! the walleye and jack you couldn't keep off your line. Nice and quiet.... basically like being at a resort, all our meals are cooked by a chef, satellite tv, internet, five star rooms, 42" tv in each room, pool table. Basically any creature comfort. couple of site dogs to follow you around and keep you company, two brand new boats to go fishing in etc.

more!

and lastly just a few from the good ol boiler at work. and a picture right out of highschool at my first welding job, all of us guys on night shift. We made huge structural colums. this one is one of the smaller ones. But just for comparison flanges up to 2" thick, webs 1" thick, connection plates 3" thick. Some 50,000LB pieces. All .062 mig. YUCK!!! basically goto work and hang up your brain, thankfully I only worked there for a year and then successfully acquired my position with the hydro utility as an apprentice and here we are today!

MrWeldSoCal,

That second picture of yours need to have a space ship Photoshopped in, above and to the left of the "nebula".

"R2/D2, I need more current."
    "USMCPOP" First-born son: KIA Iraq 1/26/05
    Syncrowave 250 w/ Coolmate 3
    Dialarc 250
    Idealarc 250
    SP-175 +
    TA 161 STL
    Lincwelder AC180C (1952)
    Victor & Smith O/A torches
    Miller spot welder
    Clausing 5904 lathe
    Wells-Index 745 mill

Dont have any Pics of Me Welding cause Im usually alone in the Shop but here's me (Pic is My Website Header)

Here's a Pic that I really like. (Not Me) I love heights and Ironwork

Some Blue , Some Red & Some Grey

Know Christ, Know peace. No Christ, No peace.
    "God's Will Does Not Lead You Where The Grace Of God Cannot Keep You."