How to check weld Strength
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

How to check weld Strength

I have recently welded in the top section of my crew cab , this picture does not show the welds, but I was wondering what would be a good test to check the strength of the weld? Also what I could look for on the weld to insure its got good penetration?

are you wanting nondestructive or destructive testing?
    CHRIS

Since the piece is on the vehicle, which ever one would do the least amount of damage to the vehicle...

well then thats nondestruc, however, there are no fesible tests for that. inspection is all you can do. send pics, top, behind, upclose, wide angle. good luck
    chris

About the best you can do now is use the pieces that you either removed or have left over to replicate a little of what you've done. Then have at it, bend, pry and twist.

satex,
    if you take pics of it, real good ones, I can take a look at it and give you a pretty good idea just by the appearance. Given how thin the stuff is there arent the kinda problems you have like on a bridge or something...
    Chris