Hypertherm Manufacturer Section - Page 15
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Re: Hypertherm Manufacturer Section

Hey Jim! what causes a erratic delay on the post flow arc. I have a pm45xp with a machine head on a cnc table. Sometimes the machine works flawlessly and now the time delay is causing 1/2" sections at start points to not be cut. I tried changing consumables and that did not have any effect. This is only happening during post flow time. The whole setup is only a couple months old and has very little use. Thanks, Jim A
    Last edited by fcapt10; 05-12-2017 at 08:15 PM.

There can be slight arc transfer time delays with any plasma torch related to air pressure variations, pierce height variations, consumable wear, etc. That is why we provide an "arc transfer" output signal that sends a contact closure to the cnc control that occurs when we sense current draw on the work lead. If your system has the CPC port (machine interface port) then you simply wire pins 12 and 14 to the proper input on your CNC control to hold motion until this contact indicates the cutting process has started.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Quote Originally Posted by fcapt10 View Post
    Hey Jim! what causes a erratic delay on the post flow arc. I have a pm45xp with a machine head on a cnc table. Sometimes the machine works flawlessly and now the time delay is causing 1/2" sections at start points to not be cut. I tried changing consumables and that did not have any effect. This is only happening during post flow time. The whole setup is only a couple months old and has very little use. Thanks, Jim A

The company I work for sells used Hypertherms. I'm not in sales but I just looked on our website out of curiosity. We have two now.
    Gina M. Tabasso
    HGR Industrial Surplus
    gtabasso@hgrinc.com
    www.hgrinc.com

I'm trying to figure out which part number of the Powermax 65 will match my needs:

I built a cnc table with CandCNC DTHC IV. It looks like I just need the PM 65 with the cpc connector.
    I want a machine torch and hand torch and plan to use fine cut consumables for thinner material on the table to get nice cuts. I found a CandCNC cable that will plug into the height controller I have and it has the round cpc connector.

Will the ohmic sensor for CandCNC work with the 65 fine cut machine torch setup?
    Right now I use a floating holder and today I saw how thin material can be deflected with the microswitch setup.

It appears that part number 083300 would fit my needs, or is there a better option?

Right now I use a torch holder that I made from 1/4" aluminum plate and it is a clamp style with a set screw that grips the cap of my miller 375 hand torch. It seems that I shouldn't need the full length machine torch but the extra length probably won't hurt anything either. Should I consider the mini or go full size in case my future needs change? In this case, maybe I would just order the power supply and torches separate, but I haven't priced that out vs. the package deal.

It seems the torches are quick connect to the front of the machine, but right now I can't find the info on the hypertherm website to verify that.

Right now, the miller cut quality and hand torch are holding me back and I'm ready to order something good. It seems the 65 should give me room to grow and will give some of the best cut quality possible for a serious hobby and small business machine.

Thanks
    CNC plasma table 4'x8'
    Hypertherm 65
    Miller 330abp
    Miller 211 inverter, M150 spool gun
    Miller 375 Extreme plasma
    Femi 120abs portable band saw
    Many other tools
    Too little garage space
    Not enough money

My responses are in red... Jim Colt Hypertherm

Quote Originally Posted by CGT80 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out which part number of the Powermax 65 will match my needs:

I built a cnc table with CandCNC DTHC IV. It looks like I just need the PM 65 with the cpc connector.
    I want a machine torch and hand torch and plan to use fine cut consumables for thinner material on the table to get nice cuts. I found a CandCNC cable that will plug into the height controller I have and it has the round cpc connector.Verify with candcnc.com that you have all the correct cables...they are the best source for that advice!

Will the ohmic sensor for CandCNC work with the 65 fine cut machine torch setup? Yes, use the Finecut consumables with the ohmic retaining cap (part number 220953) and the Shield (part number 220948)
    Right now I use a floating holder and today I saw how thin material can be deflected with the microswitch setup.Ohmic sensing is the most accurate method on thin materials by far.

It appears that part number 083300 would fit my needs, or is there a better option?083300 is perfect, it includes the CPC port (installed on the power supply) and has both a hand and machine torch. The torches for Powermax45 XP, 65, 85, 105 and 125 all use the same quick disconnect at the power supply.

Right now I use a torch holder that I made from 1/4" aluminum plate and it is a clamp style with a set screw that grips the cap of my miller 375 hand torch. It seems that I shouldn't need the full length machine torch but the extra length probably won't hurt anything either. Should I consider the mini or go full size in case my future needs change? In this case, maybe I would just order the power supply and torches separate, but I haven't priced that out vs. the package deal. I strongly recommend that you do not mount any plasma torch by the retaining cap. This will cause torch damage, arcing to the inner components of the torch, and rapid consumable wear as well as premature torch failure. Machine torches should be mounted by the mounting sleeve only, a breakaway style mount is preferred.

Here is a pic of a Hypertherm mini machine torch correctly mounted with magnetic breakaway.

Name:  new pics 013.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  139.6 KB

It seems the torches are quick connect to the front of the machine, but right now I can't find the info on the hypertherm website to verify that.

Right now, the miller cut quality and hand torch are holding me back and I'm ready to order something good. It seems the 65 should give me room to grow and will give some of the best cut quality possible for a serious hobby and small business machine.

Thanks