Pipeliners aren't fence builders, pipeliners are liars, pipeliners are lazy, pipeline - Page 3
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Pipeliners aren't fence builders, pipeliners are liars, pipeliners are lazy, pipe

Wow just WOW!!! I personally would call the guy back but dont' tell him why, just say you want a quote on something. Then show him the areas he worked on and ask him about it.
    Ask him why and where did all of your materials go. Tell him you want your money back and go from there.
    Of course this is just my opinion but I'm sorry that you had to deal with that. Good luck.
    ---No good deed goes unpunished---

Re: Pipeliners aren't fence builders, pipeliners are liars, pipeliners are lazy, pipe

Quote Originally Posted by Ruark View Post
    About the gate falling off, etc.... any chance you could be more specific about what happened? Like, wrong kind of rod, not enough current.....?
    He didn't go all the way through the post. Had he done that, the welds wouldn't be holding they load. The hinge pin and the walls of the post would have been holding the load. The leverage caused by the wait of the gate would have been eliminated at least as far as the welds are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by mebuildit View Post
    Wow just WOW!!! I personally would call the guy back but dont' tell him why, just say you want a quote on something. Then show him the areas he worked on and ask him about it.
    Ask him why and where did all of your materials go. Tell him you want your money back and go from there.
    Of course this is just my opinion but I'm sorry that you had to deal with that. Good luck.
    A little late on that one. the work was done some 4 yrs ago. at least thats how I read the posts.
    There are no problems. There are only solutions. It's your duty to determine the right one.

Hobart Handler 210
    Airco 225 Amp MSM Stinger

Sorry this happen to you farmersamm, nobody should pay good money and get trash work in return.
    Some kind of Big Blue constant current welding machine
    Another smaller yet, Blue machine (it's got wire in it)

How many times did El Jefe speak of "I'zza certifikated welder !" while negotiating ?
    We hired one once. I asked(sarcastically) what kind of certifications he had. He brought in a piece of paper with credits from a "furthering education" program A few weeks of night skewl..Just the opposite with him.Biker guy, Nam vet, hell of a craftsman and designer. Couldn't weld 2 anythings together, not even with SuperGlue. He was good enough to cut, bend,fit and just tack it all together. Spiral stairs, railings and all.
    The shop "helper" would come over and MIG it together real quick and go back to painting and cleaning up.The helper could throw a mean bead but couldn't even read a tape measure.Strange world.
    Bubble gum
    Tooth pix
    Duct tape
    Black glue
    GBMF hammer
    Screw gun --bad battery (see above)

In a busy market whether it be pipeliners, carpenters, laborers, I always question why they are out of work. I know for my line of work (general contractor) if we know its busy and theres guys on the bench there is a reason they are on the bench, its because no one will hire them or if they do get hired they don't last long.

Quote Originally Posted by Burpee View Post
    How many times did El Jefe speak of "I'zza certifikated welder !" while negotiating ?
    We hired one once. I asked(sarcastically) what kind of certifications he had. He brought in a piece of paper with credits from a "furthering education" program A few weeks of night skewl..Just the opposite with him.Biker guy, Nam vet, hell of a craftsman and designer. Couldn't weld 2 anythings together, not even with SuperGlue. He was good enough to cut, bend,fit and just tack it all together. Spiral stairs, railings and all.
    The shop "helper" would come over and MIG it together real quick and go back to painting and cleaning up.The helper could throw a mean bead but couldn't even read a tape measure.Strange world.
    This is really one of the best posts, just goes to show that peoples strengths are different and if you know this you can maximize the total output by taking advantage of this.