alu sailboat buliding - Page 79
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2969777879
Results 1,951 to 1,958 of 1958

Re: alu sailboat buliding

Going to hunt for "Nessy" on you way through the lochs?

"Dear Tourst Commissioner,

Please send more tourists. The last ones were delicious.

Sincerest Regards,
    Nessy"

Wish I was back in the "Heelands". Beautiful country!
    Roger
    Old, Tired, and GRUMPY

Salesman will call, Batteries not included, Assembly is required, and FREE ADVICE IS WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAY FOR IT!

Dial Arc 250HF
    Thunderbolt 225 AC/DC

Assorted A/O torches

Any more fishing pics?

Wow, what an epic thread.

The level of persistence, ingenuity, and positive attitude displayed here is unfathomable. I followed this thread for several years - from nearly the beginning, but I must admit that last couple years I have been elsewhere. I just caught up on all I missed.

For those who don't realize, it takes an incredible amount of courage to go into the open sea in a 40 foot vessel - let alone one that was essentially DIY built.

In addition, spending all your time on a boat such as this has mental and physical challenges in itself. I spent one weekend on a 42 foot sailboat this summer and just about went stir crazy.

These folks must be superhuman. I commend Zeyang and all for living their dream. What an incredible sacrifice and an incredible adventure. .

Quote Originally Posted by Indywelder View Post
    Wow, what an epic thread.

The level of persistence, ingenuity, and positive attitude displayed here is unfathomable. I followed this thread for several years - from nearly the beginning, but I must admit that last couple years I have been elsewhere. I just caught up on all I missed.

For those who don't realize, it takes an incredible amount of courage to go into the open sea in a 40 foot vessel - let alone one that was essentially DIY built.

In addition, spending all your time on a boat such as this has mental and physical challenges in itself. I spent one weekend on a 42 foot sailboat this summer and just about went stir crazy.

These folks must be superhuman. I commend Zeyang and all for living their dream. What an incredible sacrifice and an incredible adventure. .
    thanks for your kind comments. its a been a long journey including since 2008. Now we are back in Norway to get a bigger engine in and weld in a deckhouse for sailing in colder climate.

here is our plan:

Short update. Back in Norway after we have been sailing some 20.000 miles as seatrail sort of.

What we learned sofar

1. 30 HP to push 24 tons is optimistic. Maybe a 100 hp is good

2. Sailing with out autopilot is boring. We need a hydraulic system. How to fix and still have a tiller and wheel?

3. In cold climate sitting on deck is cold. We need some kind of wheelhouse.

4. Moving 24 tons in crowded marinas is scary. Bowtruster?

5. Boat is too small for our dreams. Think big? Build a new one or extend by 3 meters?
    Sailing the Farm - A seagypsy group of tomorrow
    Lincoln Squarwave 200 TIG
    Lincoln Powerwave S350 with Powerfeed 25 aluminium.

a short video from a drone when we sailed into Oslo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...Io&app=desktop

and a picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by zeyang View Post
    thanks for your kind comments. its a been a long journey including since 2008. Now we are back in Norway to get a bigger engine in and weld in a deckhouse for sailing in colder climate.

here is our plan:

Short update. Back in Norway after we have been sailing some 20.000 miles as seatrail sort of.

What we learned sofar

5. Boat is too small for our dreams. Think big? Build a new one or extend by 3 meters?

Have you considered buying a larger boat that needs refurbished? I've heard there are abandoned boats that need work - owner gets too old to use it and abandons.

Extend Hull extensions are being done all the time, its alu and you guys can weld