oxy/acet setup & cylinders rack.
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

oxy/acet setup & cylinders rack.

Working on re-building a bottle rack, but suffice to say, I don't physically have any bottles on hand to measure for a standard setup. The idea is the stand will need too hold 4 cylinders in a pickup, 2 acetylene on one side and 2 oxygen on the other. On average, what compressed cylinder sizes are everyone using for a mobile setup these days?

I re-organized the chev. I know how I want to re-build the rack, I just need some basic circumfrence measurements to make it work.

Re: oxy/acet setup & cylinders rack.

mb_welder, I am using the 145 Acet, and the 250 Oxy bottles, BUT I have them on a one ton and a flat bed, not in a pick up. I have racks for four bottles on the truck. I keep 2 oxygen, 1 acetylene, and 80 argon for aluminum when I need it. I could replace the argon with another acetylene if needed, but I usually don't change acetylene enough to worry about carrying two of them. I would imagine that in the bed of a pick up that a 125 would be about as tall as you would want without laying them down. I even layed my down on the flat bed due to ease of loading/unloading. Acetylene I always stand upright.
    I'm a Lover, Fighter, Wild horse Rider, and a pretty good welding man......

Thanks guys!