broken easy-out
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: broken easy-out

broken easy-out

The only job more fun than a broken bolt removal is one with a easy out in it!
    I should have taken more pics.
    I used 3" cut off to remove 1/2 of bolt boss, then pulled out bolt/easy out, put new bolt into boss, clamped and tig welded with 99ni, unscrewed bolt and tapped hole.
    Peter

PS
    The broken bolt has weld on end because I welded nut on it and tried to remove it first, but no go. Next was either mill it out or cut it out.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: broken easy-out

Nice fix. I'll have to remember that method.
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    SA-200 Blackface Code# 8638
    Star Jet 21-110

Two term limit - one in office, one in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by duaneb55 View Post
    Nice fix. I'll have to remember that method.
    Fastest
    Thanks
    Peter

Very nice. Those are the repairs that make you out to be a hero. That is word of mouth advertising.
    Lincoln Ranger 8 Lincoln 175 Drill press
    Lincoln 225 mig
    Plasma
    8 ft brake
    52" jump shear

If that's the same Ford motor, I 'm glad someone is puting the time and $$ into restoring it.

Way things are going, all that's gonna be left of our auto industry are museum pieces.

I'll forget every one of these techniques, even though I've just seen 'em, and have to scream to ya for help if it comes up somewhere down the road. Human nature
    "Any day above ground is a good day"

Quote Originally Posted by gclamp View Post
    Very nice. Those are the repairs that make you out to be a hero. That is word of mouth advertising.
    Thanks but
    Not a hero for sure, in fact I get a cuss-ing every now and then. Been fixing junk for years, but if I could, I would like to spend a few days with a couple of the real fabricators/weldors on here! Lots to learn!
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by farmersamm View Post
    If that's the same Ford motor, I 'm glad someone is puting the time and $$ into restoring it.

Way things are going, all that's gonna be left of our auto industry are museum pieces.

I'll forget every one of these techniques, even though I've just seen 'em, and have to scream to ya for help if it comes up somewhere down the road. Human nature
    Yea thats a Ford, but its a small block. and yes auto industry is in crapper, except for Ford?
    Scream at me for help? Hell I can't hardly hear a scream anymore! Just shoot me an email