Miller Pipe Pro 350 f/s. Only 5 hours-San Antonio, TX
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Miller Pipe Pro 350 f/s. Only 5 hours-San Antonio, TX

I have a Miller PipePro 350 that I cant afford for sale. Perfect condition. $12,000. It's a beautiful machine.

I can deliver within a 150 miles or so...as long as you've got something to lift it out of my truck with. Or we can meet at a shop here in San Antonio.

Please post here or send me a pm with your contact details and i'll get back to you.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by MoWelder; 10-08-2013 at 08:34 PM.

Re: Miller Pipe Pro 350 f/s. Only 5 hours-San Antonio, TX

Beautiful machine. Just out of curiosity, why can't you afford that machine? I understand the dry spells when the work is thin and you say, "bah, f*ck it, I'm selling off the rig, machine, and gear... F this" You're in the middle of pipe welding country... should have plenty of work paying 45/15 down your way.

EDIT: And also, that's about the only blue machine you can show up with on a firing line and not get a bunch of **** from the parishioners of the Church of Lincoln... fine machine, that SA200 is, but I'll never forget the humble "hey man, nice machine" from the guy who used my machine for a couple days on a compressor station job while I was working in the fab hut with an Idealarc because his high idle went to hell on him.

That machine is a real money-maker AND pre-EPA Tier-4 nonsense on the diesel. I would encourage you to keep it and wait for greener pastures and a little more rain.
    Last edited by W123Benz; 10-09-2013 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by W123Benz View Post
    Beautiful machine. Just out of curiosity, why can't you afford that machine? I understand the dry spells when the work is thin and you say, "bah, f*ck it, I'm selling off the rig, machine, and gear... F this" You're in the middle of pipe welding country... should have plenty of work paying 45/15 down your way.

EDIT: And also, that's about the only blue machine you can show up with on a firing line and not get a bunch of **** from the parishioners of the Church of Lincoln... fine machine, that SA200 is, but I'll never forget the humble "hey man, nice machine" from the guy who used my machine for a couple days on a compressor station job while I was working in the fab hut with an Idealarc because his high idle went to hell on him.

That machine is a real money-maker AND pre-EPA Tier-4 nonsense on the diesel. I would encourage you to keep it and wait for greener pastures and a little more rain.
    Unless the guy bought it on time & still owes big $$ or is bone hard up for cash, I agree 110%

I've sold a couple things off when things were tight that I've regretted ever since.

I barely use my TB 302 engine drive now that I'm either on the farm (they supply everything) or doing machine repair, but I'm not in a position where I could go out & buy another one brand new for cash if I needed it.

Good luck either way.

IMHO of course
    Last edited by 7A749; 10-09-2013 at 02:29 PM.
    All I wanna do is zooma zoom zoom zoom and a boom boom......

That is a dam shame to have to sell that machine

I ran one at the miller event and it worked so nice using stick or wire feed

That sucks MoWelder
    Backed my CATMA over your CARMA oops clusmy me

What would SATAN do ??

Miller Digital Elite
    Miller Trail Blazer 302 Air Pak
    Suitecase 12RC
    Hypertherm PM 45
    Victor O/A
    Evolution Rage 3 saw
    Rusty old Truck

It's an awesome welder, but I certainly don't deserve any sympathy. When I was helping I declined a UA for smoking a little pot and haven't touched the stuff since. But I wasn't aware of all the consequences.... I haven't found any info on the DPS return to work process except that an evaluation is required. Anyone know if it's possible or how to do the return to work process?

I'd really like to keep it, but I figured I'd buy something smaller and try to work off my truck locally.

I appreciate the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by MoWelder View Post
    ... but I certainly don't deserve any sympathy. When I was helping I declined a UA for smoking a little pot and haven't touched the stuff since. But I wasn't aware of all the consequences.... I haven't found any info on the DPS return to work process except that an evaluation is required. Anyone know if it's possible or how to do the return to work process?
    A gunnery sergeant I knew in the Marine Corps said to me once that you're born, you live, you do stupid ****, you die, and you forget it all. It was after I and another guy went at it. I was a Lance Corporal at the time, he was a Staff Sergeant... he was drinking, I was not (junior man always drives), said some stupid ****, and somehow he lost his balance outside the pub and knocked himself out cold when he fell down. His face the next day looked worse than ten rounds with Evander Holyfield.

Hardship doesn't make the man, it reveals it. Learn your lesson, and move on. I would be lying to say that I've never done any boneheaded ****, to include some **** that once landed me a free night's lodging with an open-view sink and ****ter.

I don't know what the DPS stuff is, but you might want to run down to your unemployment office and talk to a vocational placement person. They might make you sit through some classes and whatnot, but that might get you back up and running for the time being.

Good luck.

Damn good advice above.

Quote Originally Posted by 7A749 View Post
    Damn good advice above.
    Thanks bro.

While I'm on the subject of advice, I think the OP should also consider that being able to weld is one thing. Being able to weld to a code specification or other procedure specification is another entirely. Being able to weld to spec AND be rigged out makes you a god amongst mortals.

I've had plenty of come-to-Jesus moments in this trade. Couldn't find work, found work but it paid ****, work had no quality controls, etc, etc, ad nauseum... thought I had hit the bottom of the barrel when I had to take a job as a laborer through a temp agency. Even though the temp agency was paying good coin, I figured it was short-term because temp agencies generally suck.

I showed up and gave it my all, even though I was being the rented mule, but then a point came when they need some welding done, and I said "hey... I can fix that tomorrow, just let me tow in my machine." The vice president of the company was there working alongside me with a tool belt on, (he's a good MF'er, knows what it is to be a leader, not a manager) and when I showed up with all my gear on a trailer the next morning (on time, unlike his own employee), he was so impressed he says, "hey, we really need some structural steel and stainless duct work done up at this project... can you weld that?" My answer was "everything except the crack of dawn." Cocky can be good sometimes. I'm a "B" grade welder. I'm nowhere near being able to sit there and TIG up exotic materials for the big bucks in the nuclear world or offshore... but I can hold my own, and I have a hot wife that gets free eyeball x-rays all the time.

So, as the one project was winding down where I was supposed to get a pink slip, I found myself with work that is going well into next year because I knocked one out of the park for him when he needed it most. I haven't been offered a job with the parent company (yet) because the president is, shall we say, a cheap fuque with investment company pressures... but everyone in his chain of command is pressuring him to hire me. The president wanted to have me switch from one temp agency to another for a pay cut so he could save money, and when I packed up all my gear to tow it off the job, no fewer than three guys (VP, foreman, and supervisor) put the halt to that nonsense because my own gear doesn't save them money per se (I charge rental... but they all knew a guy who shows up with ten grand worth of welding gear does not take his work "lightly."

The worst case scenario is I continue to take a comma home every week on my check, and if he doesn't hire me, I'll have about six managers/foremen who will give me sterling work references.

Keep that welder, brother. Even if you're having a hard time bringing home the bacon, having it on the back of your truck speaks volumes to folks in need of someone who can get it done.

Man, Benz. Good stuff.

I know all about the whole shooting match having to take a crap job because of circumstances. Really got me down for awhile. I'm not the guy doing cert quality stuff (have in the past tho) but I'm well rounded in the general fabrication trades & can do mill, lathe, grinding machine shop stuff, read gauges & prints & know enough to get by.

The work situation here in Michigan pretty well sucks. Not a lot of jobs to be had & the good paying ones are impossible to get on, or you're living out of a suitcase/ working 70+ hours a week for the rest of your life. Got quite a few shops here in town with permanent help wanted signs out front if that says anything.

You made some really good points. Can't really add much to that. I totally agree, keep the machine if at all possible.

I got a nice lathe. Big enough to handle serious stuff but small enough to fit in my garage (16" X 32" Monarch Toolmakers lathe) I don't use it very often, sometimes for months on end.

But I'll tell you what. It's one of the most useful tools I own when it need it & I can make or modify just about anything that will fit in the jaws of the chuck with it.

Use it much? Naaah.

Sell it because of that?

No way in hell.

Been really hard up & considered it. Then a couple posts like this would come along & get my head straightened around.

Great thread man.

A 16x32 Monarch? That's a heluva lot of lathe for a garage! I had a 16x30 series 61 until a year or so ago; wonderful machine. Had a 10EE once too. But I am absolutely brand new to welding; it's been on my "bucket list" for years and I finally broke down and bought some welders and am gonna learn to drive 'em. Mostly I like to work on stuff...thus the lathes and mills and assorted other toys. I've been lurking here a while trying to absorb the accumulated knowledge.

I like the sound advice W123 is giving (Semper Fi, Marine) as well. (By the way, my ebay handle is R129M120...you should understand that!)

Travis---USMC 1969-1973---

PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMartin View Post
    I like the sound advice W123 is giving (Semper Fi, Marine) as well. (By the way, my ebay handle is R129M120...you should understand that!)

Travis---USMC 1969-1973---
    Travis: Yut! It looks to me like you might have had a bit more humidity on your deployments than I did. I sweated my balls off by day, froze my *** off by night, and I'm still wondering if that civilian fuel truck driver we had on base is still crapping out in the open by lifting his man-dress and doing the power-squat. Laid one down right under the wing of my aircraft. The thing is probably still sitting on the tarmac of Al Asad... fossilized for the ages. Unreal.

Love that car... my friend has a Silver Arrow edition... but not with the V12. It still moves like a stabbed rat, though. Hammer down, easily smokes 'em.

Semper Fi.

The welder is still for sale. $12000 obo

Is the machine still for sale

SOLD. Thank you Welding web.