HF tools that don't suck - Page 35
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Re: HF tools that don't suck

Quote Originally Posted by Mmock4 View Post
    So which of Harbor freights current grinder offerings are OK? I’m finally gonna break down and get 1 or Two more grinders, I was all like “Nahh! One grinder will be fine” LOL Too many disc changes. But I’m on a HF Budget.
    Look on CL or your local flee markets for good gently used grinders. I prefer Makita grinders. They tend to run smooth in my hand.
    '65 Lincoln Idealarc 250 AC/DC
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A plasma
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A

Look at the rated amperage to judge the power. HF's new brands should be ok.

The best of their traditional models is the paddle-switch one, with power ok for DIY use but not pro grade. The orange (now red) one is ok too. These are 5~6 amp tools while a Milwaukee etc pro grinder can be double that.

I have one of each past model with various edge or cup wire wheels, flap wheel, grinding wheel etc on them and only one failure in more than 10 years: The fan disintegrated on my oldest $10 one. It runs same as ever but I just use it for brief wire brushing now.

Others who run their tools harder in pro use, seem to burn up HF grinders.
    HF MIG-180 with all the mods.
    Grizzly H8153 Stick/Tig Pulse 130/160.
    Wards PowrKraft AC-230. Stick & carbon arc.

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    Look at the rated amperage to judge the power. HF's new brands should be ok.

The best of their traditional models is the paddle-switch one, with power ok for DIY use but not pro grade. The orange (now red) one is ok too. These are 5~6 amp tools while a Milwaukee etc pro grinder can be double that.

I have one of each past model with various edge or cup wire wheels, flap wheel, grinding wheel etc on them and only one failure in more than 10 years: The fan disintegrated on my oldest $10 one. It runs same as ever but I just use it for brief wire brushing now.

Others who run their tools harder in pro use, seem to burn up HF grinders.
    The down side to new line is the price so to great brands Hobart, Lincoln or Miller

Dave

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
    HF 170 welder
    HF 4x6 band saw
    South Bend 9N
    Mill
    B&D mag drill
    Victor torch

Had this for years, works great for $50 I paid for it. Nothing beats a real carbon pile load tester for accurately testing batteries. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0612bc7797.jpg
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; ESAB 875 plasma;Evo 355. OA

I am sure it has been posted already but just in case it hasn't here is my daily HF tool I used that does not suck.

COMPACT BENDER:

https://www.harborfreight.com/compac...r=direct%2Fnot provided&utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot provided
    '65 Lincoln Idealarc 250 AC/DC
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A plasma
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A

1/8" Micro grinder. Key is keeping it lubed but it spins very high RPM and is super smooth and perfectly concentric. Surprisingly good quality and well priced

Anyone have experience with their replacement air compressor pumps???