HF tools that don't suck - Page 34
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Re: HF tools that don't suck

drill press vise, I don't know how I did without one for so many years.... works great to hold things while welding too, dual purpose!!
    If you want to learn no one can stop you.

Hobart Handler 175 / AHP AlphaTig 200X V4 / HF 95136 Plasma

HF tube roller rolling some 3/4x1" bar

http://i.imgur.com/a0GLDEP.jpg
    12v battery, jumper cables, and a 6013.
    I only have a facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/VPT/244788508917829

Add "for the money" - 12" disc sander - no vibration, pretty powerful - cheap alum table (works).....6 X 48 horizontal belt sander - heavy cast iron, surprisingly powerful motor (dinky little thing) never used the disc sander - takes 5 to 10 min to change the belt, tracks good though - pain to assemble, pulley took some monkeying around to set it up. I use both these all the time. We'll see how long they last - couple years on both.

the 4lb orange dead blow is pretty good

It is what it is. I don't eat " food" from Wenditas, BK, McD, KF, or any of that crap but it can damn sure keep you alive in a pinch.
    For regular folk HF replaced Sears-Crappmann for halfascz tools to have around the house.They have a bunch of stuff the avg person can get by just fine with. To say any different is nonsense.
    Even Royalty such as my dumm bass has quite few items that originated there.The tool boxes can easily prove that guys with SnapOn accounts are idiots with a money management problem ! UH OH
    Last edited by Bonzoo; 03-20-2017 at 01:23 AM.

Am I banned again ?
    Last edited by Bonzoo; 03-20-2017 at 01:23 AM.

I picked up one of those roll around shop carts/tool boxes that has like 6 draws a big open top area (that has a flip up cover) and a big open tray area underneath. I got it as a dedicated mill box, holds all the endmills, fly cutters, boring heads, collets, rotary table, and whatnot for the mill. Nice thing too is with the knee cranked up some (not all the way) the box slides right under the mill table and out of the way!
    12v battery, jumper cables, and a 6013.
    I only have a facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/VPT/244788508917829

I have a 3 speed polisher that was on sale for $14.00 that has been great

Just saw this thread again. I'm still working a noizyazz P.O.S. Portaband on a stand(older one) for about the third year now.Maybe 4 ? It's new backup is still in the box on the shelf. Damn thing is pretty tuff I must admit.Very surprising
    I found a coupon for their portaband that brought the price down to $99. For that I price I couldn't pass it up. with the replacement plan I am all in for $135. I put a Milwaukee blade on it from Home Depot, and it cuts like a champ. I have to say it is not all that noisy, at least not like I have seen in some of the Youtube video reviews. We'll see how long it lasts.
    Hobart Handler 190
    Syncrowave 250
    Purox Metalmaster