another craigslisting
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,279

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    139

    Re: another craigslisting

    Thanks for the find...can't find much info about the Titan 8000 is it a good machine worth it if i can get it for $350 or so?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,279

    Re: another craigslisting

    im not selling it i just found the listing and posted it..

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    139

    Re: another craigslisting

    Got the guy down to $300...says the carburator is bad (needs new needle valves and seats) and it does not come with leads...

    Is this a good deal??? I have built SB chevy and ford engine before i'm assuming this can't be too hard to overhaul

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Athens,Louisiana
    Posts
    1,449

    Re: another craigslisting

    I'd have bought it at the $450 and for sure at $300. Try Ebay for a carb or carb kit..I see them all the time.

    Be prepaired for a shock for any engine rebuild.... It's cheaper to rebuild a 454 Chevy than an Onan 2 cyl.

    It may just need the carb rebuilt and adjusted.

    Since you talked him down to $300 you must have intended to purchase it ...else why dicker with him.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    139

    Re: another craigslisting

    LOL very true i did intend to buy it, but just making sure you guys don't talk me out of it for some crazy reason. Yeah i think its just the carb, left if a message today might pick it up later....cleared a nice spot next to my garage for it! gonna have to fab up a nice cart with some good wheels

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,279

    Re: another craigslisting

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalArchitect View Post
    LOL very true i did intend to buy it, but just making sure you guys don't talk me out of it for some crazy reason. Yeah i think its just the carb, left if a message today might pick it up later....cleared a nice spot next to my garage for it! gonna have to fab up a nice cart with some good wheels
    theres a place in freeport...mayfair power.. they are an onan dealer, and can get all the parts you need..there on north maine st.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    139

    Re: another craigslisting

    Picked up the generator today.... went smoothly this thing is big and heavy, i have a small 4X8 trailer that we tilted and was able to roll the unit right on. so i got a big heavy duty cart out of the deal, and the guy threw in the stinger and ground leads, plus he had all the info for the unit, user manual and parts blow ups with part numbers!!
    this definitely was a great deal! Thanks again roadkillbobb for the find!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Athens,Louisiana
    Posts
    1,449

    Re: another craigslisting

    Looking at the listing again...It looks like the exhaust was originally setup with external pipes probably from an enclosure of some sort.

    Glad you got it and hope all it needs is the carb adjusted/rebuilt.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,279

    Re: another craigslisting

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalArchitect View Post
    Picked up the generator today.... went smoothly this thing is big and heavy, i have a small 4X8 trailer that we tilted and was able to roll the unit right on. so i got a big heavy duty cart out of the deal, and the guy threw in the stinger and ground leads, plus he had all the info for the unit, user manual and parts blow ups with part numbers!!
    this definitely was a great deal! Thanks again roadkillbobb for the find!
    http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/tls/1254387178.html take a look at this listing, I thought you bought it and already had it for sale again..and look at the price..your welcome on the good find..anytime

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    139

    Re: another craigslisting

    Quote Originally Posted by roadkillbobb View Post
    http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/tls/1254387178.html take a look at this listing, I thought you bought it and already had it for sale again..and look at the price..your welcome on the good find..anytime
    Haha saw that one...said if i'm gonna have to fix this thing might as well get the one that is less than half the price!

    Quote Originally Posted by mudbugone View Post
    Looking at the listing again...It looks like the exhaust was originally setup with external pipes probably from an enclosure of some sort.

    Glad you got it and hope all it needs is the carb adjusted/rebuilt.
    yeah i thought the same thing, seemed a little different from the other exhausts that i saw. I already took the carb off and the needle valve is pitted, ordered another off ebay for $30 so we'll see how that goes. Drained the oil and the only other concern i have is it smelled like gas was in the oil.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,279

    Re: another craigslisting

    yeah i thought the same thing, seemed a little different from the other exhausts that i saw. I already took the carb off and the needle valve is pitted, ordered another off ebay for $30 so we'll see how that goes. Drained the oil and the only other concern i have is it smelled like gas was in the oil.



    the gas smell is probably from the carb flooding the engine...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
RSS | Home | Penton Media | Contact Us | Subscribe | For Advertisers | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement