sa redface (blue tint) ???
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

sa redface (blue tint) ???

recently bought a nice sa 200 redface at a estate auction, looks like it never sat out. did not run day off auction, took some time to figure out, but somone had points set way to wide and plug wires on wrong . now it runs like a top. a friend stops by and i show him, he says it is a redface blue tint, and shows me the face plate. says i made a good buy, i can't find any info on this machine on the web. does anyone have any info on this redface (blue tint) ? what makes them different ect? also i have heard guys talk about spilt panel redface machines, i noticed this sa has a seam that runs horazontal across the front, is this what they mean by spilt panel ? any info would be great, thanks

Re: sa redface (blue tint) ???

post up your serial number, so we can date it. this will help answer some questions aswell
    Hillbilly Fabworks

dave pa serial number is 408358 for the redface (blue tint)

according to the chart I looked at that serial number would make your machine a 1959 model...
    I'm a Lover, Fighter, Wild horse Rider, and a pretty good welding man......

My understanding, could be wrong, the true redfaces were made in the '60s. The blue tint redface pre-dates redface. It doesn't take away from the value, what you have is the same as any redface, it's just an earlier model. It's still all copper and if anything has more copper windings that later redfaces. I might catch a lot of flak over this, but that is my understanding.
    Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.
    -Cree Indian Proverb

SA 200 Lincoln
    Victor Torches

My sa 200 is a 1957 model and has the blue tint face plate. I had heard from the man I bought it from that it was considered a red face but just doesnt have the red face plate. Personally I think the earlier models weld just as good or better than the 60s models, and they look cool as hell with the small black face plate.
    My vintage equipment
    1957 Lincoln sa 200
    1980's Lincoln 225 AC
    1952 F-2 ford truck
    1957 F-250 ford truck

Dave pa
    check out the thread 1959-1960 sa 200 it has some pics of the blue doo
    Felon
    Caution lurker lives here
    " hmmm That is serious,pass the ganja and pick up a 24 of MGD"