New Lincoln SA Welders
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

New Lincoln SA Welders

We all know the old SA welders are extremely popular. But Im curious as to if anyone has bought one of the new ones and how it is(compared to an old one) or in its own right. The new "classics" have all copper windings, but do they have as good of a "feel" as the old ones? And what about durability? Obviously they havent been around for 60 years to really prove it, but do people have issues with the new ones or are they trouble free? Interested to see if anyone even owns one.

Re: New Lincoln SA Welders

There have been issues with the new ones the SAE-300 with some bad windings and bad armatures and bearings going bad in some Perkins engines which are nothing alike to the older Perkins 4.236. The yellow CAT engine in Millers they are Perkins engines as CAT bought out Perkins in 1997 nothing new and those engines of course are not made in the USA or England anymore so quality control is what is you can figure out why there are problems enough said.... Now there are SAE300 HE high efficiency they have the dreaded Tier 4 engines in them they claim will fix all your problems but haven't been out long enough either to know. Some haven't had any problems with newer ones and like them but many have with warranty issues too there seems to have been some lemons made. Dealers just want to sell new that's how they stay in business.

Someone told me the new Lincoln's have 7 circuit boards in them. That just seems like trouble to me
    Miller trailblazer301g
    Lincoln sa200
    Miller251
    Miller spectrum 625
    Victor oxy-acc
    2002 Chevy duramax 3500 dually 4x4

The guys I work with that have the SAE300's all love them. I needed more AC power, so I bought the Vantage 400. Took me a while to get used to it, but now I wouldn't have anything else.

Your calling the classic 200 new. Well, you probally can't call the new to much longer. I heard they quit making them very recently. Due to there diesel engines and emissions these days.

I got an 08 kubota 300d I got new in 2010 at 4000 hours and never had a single problem with it still has the original battery