Show us what you welded today! - Page 346
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 346 of 349 FirstFirst ... 246296336344345346347348 ... LastLast
Results 8,626 to 8,650 of 8709

Re: Show us what you welded today!

Moto: seems like the first weld had no penetration?
    Millermatic 211
    Miller Syncrowave 350lx with cooler and tigrunner
    Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 81
    1955 National Cylinder Gas O/A setup with original patina

Quote Originally Posted by gxbxc View Post
    it's hard to believe they are 4" beams they look so much bigger in the picture ,I guess it is true the camera does add 6"to a womens BUTT
    If you can't tell those I beams from a woman's butt. they may need to add a color to the flag, and a letter to the GLBTU pride flag.

Sorry, I couldn't stop myself.

Willie
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy There View Post
    Moto: seems like the first weld had no penetration?
    How do U come up with that? The weld took the base metal with it, meaning good penetration. If there were no pen u would be able to see the bottom of the weld.

Quote Originally Posted by motolife313 View Post
    Attachment 1720191had to redesign and reweld this. It was vibrating a lot and fell off lolAttachment 1720201Attachment 1720211its got a big gap because this is the only piece of metal I could find. Gona drill it out another 16th and use 3/8 npt then rubber hose
    Clearly, that needs to be re-padded and gusseted.

Quote Originally Posted by HT2-4956 View Post
    Clearly, that needs to be re-padded and gusseted.
    There wasn't much room to put a gusset. I should have tried supporting the tube further down the end but never did. Just Gina run it like this then a rubber hose this time if I want it to lube my chain again. Should be plenty good like this,

Ran a tank through it today and seems to seal good this way. I've been spraying Pam on the chain latley. Name:  IMG_5583.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  66.7 KBName:  IMG_5584.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  63.2 KB

We need to make a new thread named "show us what you welded a couple days ago"

Anyway here's something I welded a couple days ago, it's a claw for an excavator

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Pat,

One more flow meter and a Y-connector and you can easily have a "poor-mans" gas mixing set up so you can play around with different He/Ar mixes for various aluminum welding situations. I think it'd go a long way to helping you out for the kinds of things I see you welding.

Attachment 1718371

What causes the gases to mix? Seems to me that the bottle with the highest pressure is the only gas that's going to flow? Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Leroy View Post
    What causes the gases to mix? Seems to me that the bottle with the highest pressure is the only gas that's going to flow? Am I missing something?
    Leroy,

The first stage of a flow meter drops "tank pressure" down to some smaller set psi value (I'm guessing in the 30 to 40 psi range) before it gets to the tube portion where you fiddle with the knob to set "flow". Tank pressure and flow are two different things. Where the two gases come together at the "Y" they're both basically at the same "pressure" just at a different "volume" (flow). From there just the turbulence in side the hose until it comes out the tig torch "mixes" them together.

Does that help?

Nice job,when I mount a thumb on a boom I weld the thumb base solid to a sacrificial plate which is stitch welded to the boom, saves the boom from damage in event of operator error.
    REAL TRUCKS DON'T HAVE SPARK PLUGS

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMan23 View Post

Anyway here's something I welded a couple days ago, it's a claw for an excavator

Phil,

Your stick welding is looking pretty nice. I remember around a year a go you practicing a vertical up test plate in hopes of getting some certification paper work. Did you ever get any?

Nice looking padding. Looks like it would be a it would be difficult to use if the thumb is stationary. When clamping stuff like big piece of concrete u need to be pivot the thumb if u wanna rotate the bucket at the same time.

Phil,

Your stick welding is looking pretty nice. I remember around a year a go you practicing a vertical up test plate in hopes of getting some certification paper work. Did you ever get any?
    He needs to send me the metal test piece to be bent first but looks like he will pass no problem after little practice

He needs to send me the metal test piece to be bent first but looks like he will pass no problem after little practice
    And this is your professional opinion as a CWI? For that matter have you yourself ever passed any stick welding certification tests?

Forgive me but I'm just trying to figure out why it is you feel "qualified" to hand out this type of advice to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Skool View Post
    Nice job,when I mount a thumb on a boom I weld the thumb base solid to a sacrificial plate which is stitch welded to the boom, saves the boom from damage in event of operator error.
    Thanks, I was looking at the welds on the thumb itself and it looks like it would fail before my welds, looks like 1/4" fillet welds.

Phil,

Thank you . I never went through with that, work kept getting in the way, and honestly most of my work will never need a cert so I may not get one. I was wanting to get into the structural stuff but 90% of my business is railings and fencing so I might just concentrate on going in that direction with my business instead of trying to specialize in too many things.

All that practicing definitely helped my stick welding though, I noticed quite a difference now from what it was a couple years ago

Nice looking padding. Looks like it would be a it would be difficult to use if the thumb is stationary. When clamping stuff like big piece of concrete u need to be pivot the thumb if u wanna rotate the bucket at the same time.
    It is stationary, a friend of mine has one that connects to the joint of the bucket and opens and closes with the bucket. It's pretty cool

And this is your professional opinion as a CWI? For that matter have you yourself ever passed any stick welding certification tests?

Forgive me but I'm just trying to figure out why it is you feel "qualified" to hand out this type of advice to others.
    I wouldn't be the one qualifying him if that's what your thinking which it sounds like. Just trying to be nice and help out others that's all. Not that difficult to chuck the coupon in the bender crank it over and look for cracks and splits.

It is stationary, a friend of mine has one that connects to the joint of the bucket and opens and closes with the bucket. It's pretty cool

It's so worth it to have that setup. Is that your machine? What are picking up? We used to do house demo a lot and the operator was so good he was pulling out the 2x4 and they would be perfect still. And he could do it almost just as fast. And get stuff done. I ran them everyday too but mainly the truck driver. Lots of fun

Leroy,

The first stage of a flow meter drops "tank pressure" down to some smaller set psi value (I'm guessing in the 30 to 40 psi range) before it gets to the tube portion where you fiddle with the knob to set "flow". Tank pressure and flow are two different things. Where the two gases come together at the "Y" they're both basically at the same "pressure" just at a different "volume" (flow). From there just the turbulence in side the hose until it comes out the tig torch "mixes" them together.

Does that help?
    Yes, thanks.

Name:  Thumb.png
Views: 606
Size:  1.4 KB

Phill did you get a new welding truck and not tell use ??

Riser block for a hitch on a friend's lawn tractor

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Miller Spectrum 375 Plasma
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    www.psacustomcreations.com

His welds look solid.

Hey thanks everyone. Moto it is nice to weld all day you learn so much on material I could never afford. That sucks about the fire that close. The nearest one here was probably 30 miles away but there are 3 or 4 fires surrounding us so the smoke just sits here.

Blocker I'm always building things but the last couple weeks it's just been either small parts or doing repair welds. Lots of spool gun work. Which I hate haha. Nothing picture worthy though

This one's from today haha oops do not add filler straight to the tungsten!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Light fixture for the corner of my house above new concrete steps. Gang box welded inside - 60 watt digital bulb, will be on 24-7. I'll add the diffuser (wasp preventer) and paint light grey rustoleum today - wish I had more time to powder coat.

Name:  raw light fixture.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  625.2 KB