Lincoln R3R-400 Idealarc welder
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Lincoln R3R-400 Idealarc welder

Hi, I've got a Lincoln Electric R3R-400 Idealarc welder is basically brand new, never been used, never been hooked up to power, still on pallet. It's got some body damage- the previous owner said that the front lip got damaged while unloading it. Looks like the side got hit with a forklift or something. Other than that it's in great shape. Price is $1300 OBO. 951-501-9798 Zach. or zmzach@gmail.com

Specs are as follows:
    Look to the R3R-400 power source from Lincoln Electric for your heavy-duty stick welding needs. Whether you are using cellulosic, low hydrogen, stainless steel or hardfacing electrodes, the Idealarc R3R-400 produces smooth, quality arcs for consistent results day-in and day-out. The R3R-400 provides peace of mind with their traditional design for long life expectancy and low cost operation, calibrated current control knob for simple and easy procedure setting, and all weather protection including a powder paint finish for durability in the roughest environments. Need to do arc gouging? The R3R-400 from Lincoln Electric can help you do that too!

* Polarity switch, voltmeter and ammeter are standard
    * The R3R-400 produces quality, low spatter, smooth arcs without pop-outs. Line voltage fluctuations of up to ±10% are handled by the R3R compensation function to keep the output constant
    * Easy to operate
    * Calibrated current control knob makes procedure setting simple and easy
    * Smooth arc makes it easy to weld with mild steel, low hydrogen, stainless steel and hardfacing electrodes
    * Stackable case design with built-in lift hook allows for easy storage and handling. Machines can be safely stacked three high to conserve floor space
    * Submersion dipped transformer assembly for added corrosion and moisture protection
    * Totally enclosed fan motor is permanently lubricated
    * Arc gouging is possible with the R3R-400 with up to 5/16" (7.9mm) diameter carbon electrode
    * The R3R-400 can be used for limited DC TIG welding – simply add TIG accessories and shielding gas
    * Manufactured under a quality system certified to ISO 9001 requirements and ISO 14001 environmental standards

Processes:

* Stick
    * TIG
    * Gouging

Application:

* Specifically suited for critical welding applications

Specifications:

* Input Power: 230/460/3/60<br>
    * Rated Output:<br>
    o 400A / 36V / 60% (Current/Voltage/Duty Cycle)
    * Input Current @ Rated Output:
    o 74/37A
    * Output Range:
    o 60-500A Max. OCV: 67V
    * Weight
    o 402 lbs
    * Overall Dimensions: 27.5" H x 22.3" W x 33.1" D

Re: Lincoln R3R-400 Idealarc welder

Hey I recognize that machine! I've seen it on Craig's List here a few times. One question, do you want to sell the wide 6-drawer Craftsman roll away box seen in the background in the pics ?
    MM350P/Python/Q300
    MM175/Q300
    DialarcHF

HTP MIG200
    PowCon300SM

Hypertherm380
    ThermalArc185
    Purox oa
    F350CrewCab4x4
    LoadNGo utilitybed
    Bobcat250
    XMT304/Optima/Spoolmatic
    Suitcase12RC/Q300
    Suitcase8RC/Q400
    Passport/Q300

Smith op

Yeah I've got it on CL. And no sorry, I love that toolchest!

Yeah, I love mine too! Those wide drawers are the bomb. I have one just like that but wanted one more.

Last edited by DesertRider33; 08-19-2009 at 08:04 PM.
    MM350P/Python/Q300
    MM175/Q300
    DialarcHF

HTP MIG200
    PowCon300SM

Hypertherm380
    ThermalArc185
    Purox oa
    F350CrewCab4x4
    LoadNGo utilitybed
    Bobcat250
    XMT304/Optima/Spoolmatic