S-52E Wire feeder
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

S-52E Wire feeder

Anyone know if these are of any value anymore this one was given to me and I was told it worked but needs cleaned up some I got more pics if need be

sent from my phone so my spelling and grammer most likely suffer more than usual
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: S-52E Wire feeder

Still useful. You will need a CV power supply with the Miller connections to make it work however. It's not a stand alone "machine", just a feeder.

No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!

Ronald Reagan

Yeah I realise that thanks I have used one like it on a shopmaster? I think it was any idea on the value of one in working order

sent from my phone so my spelling and grammer most likely suffer more than usual

Steve ( 7A749) can tell you the value of a used unit in that condition if anyone here can. He can probably also tell you if that unit is a direct plug and play for a Shopmaster or if you'll need an adapter.

No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!

Ronald Reagan

So what would be the value in working ordet?

A lot depends on a lot of things.

In the shape that one is in, maybe a few hundred bux if it works & has a control cord & gun with it.

Yeah, some ppl get $500 for a beat up POS but for the most part, I would say $300-350 would be ballpark for an end user. This would not include all that extra lead with it, just the feeder, control cord & maybe a gun. I take it you're looking for a price range so you can resell it? I would pay maybe $150 or in that neighborhood for a feeder in that condition to refurbish & resell. That's what I paid for the one below when I bought it.

I get around $550 for one of these with a one year warranty.

My prices aren't insanely high like a lot of places. I like to sell my stuff & give the customer some value with their purchase, not rob them blind like ePay flip artists & those big Texas Rental Outfits.

This machine price would entail a COMPLETELY refurbished unit. Every single part would be gone thru from the wiring to the oil in the gearbox of the drive motor. A restoration of this level would be as close to a new old stock 25 year old feeder that was never used as you are going to get.

Just for a reference anyways.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by 7A749; 12-12-2013 at 07:18 PM.

Thanks 7A749 thats just what I needed to hear I can confirm in works by hooking it up on my trailblazer then maybe get between $200 and $100 does that sound about right

It's worth a couple few hundred. The fuse needs to be replaced the feeder won't run without it.

As long as you have a 14 pin cord it will run fine off your TB

Quote Originally Posted by 7A749 View Post
    ....I like to sell my stuff & give the customer some value with their purchase, not rob them blind like ePay flip artists....
    Experienced and concur ++10. Your S-52E was delivered in factory-fresh (mint) condition at an outstanding price. She runs like a cheetah. Looking forward to continued transactions when you source the "other" gear discussed .
    "I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do." - Leonardo da Vinci