S-52E Wire feeder
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

S-52E Wire feeder

Anyone know if these are of any value anymore this one was given to me and I was told it worked but needs cleaned up some I got more pics if need be

sent from my phone so my spelling and grammer most likely suffer more than usual
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: S-52E Wire feeder

Still useful. You will need a CV power supply with the Miller connections to make it work however. It's not a stand alone "machine", just a feeder.

No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!

Ronald Reagan

Yeah I realise that thanks I have used one like it on a shopmaster? I think it was any idea on the value of one in working order

sent from my phone so my spelling and grammer most likely suffer more than usual

Steve ( 7A749) can tell you the value of a used unit in that condition if anyone here can. He can probably also tell you if that unit is a direct plug and play for a Shopmaster or if you'll need an adapter.

No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!

Ronald Reagan

So what would be the value in working ordet?

A lot depends on a lot of things.

In the shape that one is in, maybe a few hundred bux if it works & has a control cord & gun with it.

Yeah, some ppl get $500 for a beat up POS but for the most part, I would say $300-350 would be ballpark for an end user. This would not include all that extra lead with it, just the feeder, control cord & maybe a gun. I take it you're looking for a price range so you can resell it? I would pay maybe $150 or in that neighborhood for a feeder in that condition to refurbish & resell. That's what I paid for the one below when I bought it.

I get around $550 for one of these with a one year warranty.

My prices aren't insanely high like a lot of places. I like to sell my stuff & give the customer some value with their purchase, not rob them blind like ePay flip artists & those big Texas Rental Outfits.

This machine price would entail a COMPLETELY refurbished unit. Every single part would be gone thru from the wiring to the oil in the gearbox of the drive motor. A restoration of this level would be as close to a new old stock 25 year old feeder that was never used as you are going to get.

Just for a reference anyways.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by 7A749; 12-12-2013 at 08:18 PM.
    Always Looking For Miller Maxtron 450 Inverters..

Miller 50 Series Dual Head Wire Feeders..

Working, Non Working And For Parts....

I'm not a real welder, but I know one...

Thanks 7A749 thats just what I needed to hear I can confirm in works by hooking it up on my trailblazer then maybe get between $200 and $100 does that sound about right

It's worth a couple few hundred. The fuse needs to be replaced the feeder won't run without it.

As long as you have a 14 pin cord it will run fine off your TB
    Always Looking For Miller Maxtron 450 Inverters..

Miller 50 Series Dual Head Wire Feeders..

Working, Non Working And For Parts....

I'm not a real welder, but I know one...

Quote Originally Posted by 7A749 View Post
    ....I like to sell my stuff & give the customer some value with their purchase, not rob them blind like ePay flip artists....
    Experienced and concur ++10. Your S-52E was delivered in factory-fresh (mint) condition at an outstanding price. She runs like a cheetah. Looking forward to continued transactions when you source the "other" gear discussed .
    "I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do." - Leonardo da Vinci