GTAW Filler Rod Storage
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

GTAW Filler Rod Storage

Just wanted to throw up a few pics of my set-up, finally got it done.
    They are pvc, 18" long, and color-coded caps.
    I always cut the filler in 1/2, so I wanted to get arranged for a grab-n-go.
    It works really well, just have to finish filling them up from the boxes laying around.

Re: GTAW Filler Rod Storage

Impressive !!!!
    I.B.E.W Electrician and Damn Proud of It !!!! .
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    http://www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org/

I like it because it's free space. Also, the weight seems to have moved the harmonics from the grinder enough that things don't vibrate around on the bench top.
    I think it cost about $65 cdn with the chain,screws, and pvc/caps.
    Labels were free from my wife at work!!! She just needs to make me the rest. She works for the City, so my tax dollars are hard at work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by revhard View Post
    I like it because it's free space. Also, the weight seems to have moved the harmonics from the grinder enough that things don't vibrate around on the bench top.
    I think it cost about $65 cdn with the chain,screws, and pvc/caps.
    Labels were free from my wife at work!!! She just needs to make me the rest. She works for the City, so my tax dollars are hard at work!!!
    Ahhhh,... Yes.

The City of Calgary. They have a great Pension Plan as opposed to a lot of the other localities and areas of the Provincial Government. Her pension will allow you to buy a LOT of filler rod !

That Storage looks great.... Good Job !

BTW, where did you get the Color Coded Caps ? I was at RONA but didn't see any....

Cheers,

/Jman...

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post

BTW, where did you get the Color Coded Caps ? I was at RONA but didn't see any....

I'm curious about them as well.
    Source?

Rex

Quote Originally Posted by rode2rouen View Post
    I'm curious about them as well.
    Source?

Rex
    Home Depot. They have no real rhyme to their inventory. I have been to 5 different ones here to get those caps. Some have the blue and/or orange test caps, some only have the black ones. It was annoying, but it worked out in the end. Searching at the various stores for 3 months. Rona had the black ones I think.
    That is the reason I had to get 3 different sizes. Cap availability determined the material.
    Totem has a few, but they only ever had a few, literally. I never bought any there because I couldn't be sure I could get matches.
    The white pvc only comes as small as 2", and the other white tubing is central vac tubing. Even harder to find caps for that stuff, since it's not "pipe". Only one store had them(HD), and I bought them all to get what you see.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Ahhhh,... Yes.

The City of Calgary. They have a great Pension Plan as opposed to a lot of the other localities and areas of the Provincial Government. Her pension will allow you to buy a LOT of filler rod !

That Storage looks great.... Good Job !

Cheers,

/Jman...
    Hers is pretty good, I would not complain. Mine is considerably better though. (provincial sorta)
    College puts in more than I do, and I put alot. We should both be good to retire at 55ish.
    She started there at 26, I started at 27.

Quote Originally Posted by revhard View Post
    Hers is pretty good, I would not complain. Mine is considerably better though. (provincial sorta)
    College puts in more than I do, and I put alot. We should both be good to retire at 55ish.
    She started there at 26, I started at 27.
    NICE....,

That's the way to do it.

Now take your money and buy a bunch of Gold and Silver and you'll have THREE or FOUR times that amount of money to retire on !

Cheers,

/Jman...