precision tig 225
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

precision tig 225

I just purchased a precision tig 225 set-up recently, and I am finally getting around to setting it up and using it. I started out stick welding years ago, picking up a mig gun a few years later and using both methods to earn a steady living. While working at rail car facility back in 01/02, I became friends with an old tig welder who used to let me spend my lunch breaks trying my hand at tig. Now while I have a small bit of experience with the technique, I have no idea about the equip. and settings themselves. Any info, comments, opinions about my chosen machine, machine settings or sources/links to this info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help
    Lonny

Re: precision tig 225

I used Tig at my last job for welding explosion proof heaters for the navy guns (as on ships of course) and trains and such. you picked a nice machine. I was thiking about getting one
    in the near future. tell me how it goes in a few weeks when you get the feel of the 225.
    I was impressed by the features and the price.

Good luck!

Yes the PT225 is a pretty sweet machine.

I just set the polarity, crank the dial to full and hit the pedal. the arc start perfectly and is very easy to control. The only thing I recommend is that I prefer gold tungsten. Work with all metals and stays pretty sharp when doing Alum.

Good luck and get welding.
    Miller DVI2
    Lincoln Precision Tig 225
    Thermodynamics Cutmaster 38
    Everything else needed.

Beast, Lincoln has a neat slide chart called "TIG Manual Welding Guide" part# WC-332.
    Your local welding supply shop should have it, or can get it.
    Cool tool, it gives you ballpark starting points for different material thickness, amps, tungsten size, filler size and travel speed.

I agree with jamlit, gold tungstens are the ticket.

Rex

I bought a PT225 a while back and really liked its arc characteristics and the price, even new and it was very simple to run and it had a good arc, but it seemed like every weekend i was taking it from my house to my buddys and at around 250# that got old after about 4 weekends and i put if up on CL and it sold very quickly. Now I have my dynasty 300 which is a totally different animal and coulnt be happyer with it, it also fits in the back seat of my truck and I can put it in there all by myself without the help of an engine hoist!
    Miller Dynasty 300dx
    Speedglas 9002X
    Miller Spectrum 375 Xtreme
    Lincoln PowerMig 255xt
    Lincoln PowerMig 140c
    Milwuakee Portaband