Everdure bronze?
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Everdure bronze?

I used to work in a sheet metal shop and weld galvanized sheet metal to make up huge elbows for the heating and cooling ducts. Since I left I havent been able to find the bronze for it. They come in 3 ft lengths and can be laid down smoothly with a sharp carbon stick in your stinger on straight polarity I believe if the memory serves me right. I would like to find out where I can obtain some of these again.

Re: Everdure bronze?

If it is Everdure is is also called silicon bronze. It is still available at welding supply stores. We use an uncoated Everdure wire here to join copper to stainless with a TIG Braze-Welding process that I developed. I don't know about the flux coated version. I would just Google for Silicon Brozne weld or braze filler to find out about suppliers and applications.

As stated silicon bronze is used in brazing, meaning that the base metal is not melted. Just wanted to clarify for those who may not know.

I had an Everdur TIG brazing application that was joining a small cylinder in the corner of a sheet metal door to make up a hinge. The Everdur rod was held laying along the fillet type joint, and the TIG arc was run along on top of the filler, melting it into a nice fillet. This technique kept the arc on the filler, not the base metal.

Silicone bronze. I will have to check on that. Thanks. Like I said I have only used a carbon rod to put it on with on galvanized so dont know what all it can be used for. Thanks Harold

Carbon Arc Rods do a very nice job welding Everdur. I don't believe the base metal gets quite as hot as with conventional TIG, and there is no need for argon.

AWS Classification ERCuSi-A, UNS# C65600.