Riland USA viability
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Riland USA viability

Umm, does anyone know if Riland USA is still in business? I found a notice of a liquidation sale on the web from a few days ago, and now I'm seeing Craigslist ads in San Diego for some VERY low prices on new-in-box Riland stuff (their TIG, MIG, and plasma boxes, at least)?

Like $500 for their AC/DC TIG box???

(And yeah, I know, I know ...but I'm a hobbiest, nor a "real welder", and where am I going to get an 200 amp AC welding TIG box for $500 to weld my aluminum projects-in-planning with ...and trust me, I've BEEN looking on Craigslist and eBay ...I have a Lincoln SP135+ MIG already btw. But if I can't get supplies or support if it breaks during warranty, I'll keep looking.)

I tried calling the Riland number on the website (which is still up): but it just buzzes as if it was off-hook. I wrote to the Riland guy on eBay (pkunlimited) a bit ago. But I figured I'd try here: does anyone have any inside info on this?

Re: Riland USA viability

Brdavis,

Riland USA's owner unfortunately passed away. I spoke to his wife about 1 year or so ago as she wanted to sell Riland USA name rights to our company and existing stock.

Other than that, I am not sure if they are still running. Hope that helps.
    LONGEVITY Welding
    Best Prices On Welding Equipment
    Phone: 877-566-4462

Thanks Longevity (sorry, I don't recall your name ...which I saw in another thread).

To anyone else who may have been wondering, I got a reply from someone at PKUnlimited/RilandUSA. Here 'tis:

we are riland usa, always have been. we did move to a different location and needed to move some of our old inventory to make room in our new smaller location we do support our units however the items that were liquidated do not have a warrenty but anything purchased from us or a autherized riland usa dealer will have the 1 year warrenty on parts and labor. if you have any other questions please just ask.

I still don't know about acquiring parts (if something broke that could be user-repaired). But apparently even though these are new-in-box, you'd have to go with the odds as far as warranty work.

I bought one at the auction, it is a 250ld with a remote wire feeder. Problem is that none of the stuff sold links up without more parts. I've been trying to get them to repsond and put a kit together so I can buy it and make my welder work. Just telling you to be careful with the 250LD models on CL and ebay because I doubt they have all the parts either.

My plasma cutter was complete and I'm sure dad is going to be happy at Christmas. Just check what you buy if not form them or a distributor.

Hey Tom,
    I'm hoping they get another buyer/distributer to maintain their products. They still have the parts website listing all their parts/accessories/consumables & I ordered xtra plasma consumables yesterday. I paid via PayPal & got notice from Riland my order was filled & shipped. Here's the link to their parts/accessories site & they still list the spoolgun assembly. Hope you have some luck..... Denny

http://www.rilandusa.com/consumables.html
    Complete Welding/Machine/Fab. Shop
    Mobile Unit
    Finally retired

*Moderator*

"A man's word is his honor...without honor there is nothing."
    "Words are like bullets.... Once they leave your muzzle, you cannot get them back."

Hi Folks,

I am a Riland dealer(mayby?) ,I have not been able to contact anyone at RilandUSA or PKUnlimited for some time now even thru some other contacts I had with them.
    I don't have much of anything in stock but I am still doing service work on units if anyone needs it.The consumables are available on the web or from your local welding supply house.

Please PM me if you need information.

Thanks,CNM

Quote Originally Posted by cyclenorthman View Post
    Hi Folks,

I am a Riland dealer(mayby?) ,I have not been able to contact anyone at RilandUSA or PKUnlimited for some time now even thru some other contacts I had with them.
    I don't have much of anything in stock but I am still doing service work on units if anyone needs it.The consumables are available on the web or from your local welding supply house.

Please PM me if you need information.

Thanks,CNM
    Hello CNM

maybe you can become an Everlast dealer !
    if you interested please PM me

Hi, I have a Riland 3 in one CT 310. I haven't used it in over 2 years. I have lost the manual and am not sure about the hook ups for Argon for the tig and the air for the plasma. can you help with a diagram of some sort?
    Thanks
    Ragman

Hi, Im still listed as a Riland Dealer, And Have talked to lisa, who was going to put up a new web site,and also spoke with Lakeland Products,as we were able and willing to Buy the Riland Dealership from Lisa! That was a Good 9 Months ago,and get at Least 1 call a day,,(wish I got them for the Welding Buisness), But We as distributers, are the Last to Know!!!!!!!!!! All Of mine are still running Like champs,,
    Ive emailed Larry,and Waiting for a reply, Other than that,as soon as i here some thing,as I know Pappy Is still Mad at me, But Im not making excuses,as we all know the saaying,, Sorry,My fault,and wish i had something to report! Thanks,Jack Connors,Storts Weldng Co.LLC. PS.last i tryied lisa's cell Phone,as thats the ONLY way I can get in touch with her,,the phone was temp. out of service,But Knowing Lisa,It will Be on VERY soon!!!!!! Jack,,,Wish I had More,But thats It,,,Ron was the Brains to the whole operation,and saw the Home they Lost,, WOW!!!!!!!!! He Must of been dong something right,,and Well thats all i know from many hrs on the phone (skype) with her,,, Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!As Riland makes IMO a great machine,,for what weve put them thru!

Thumbs up Re: Riland USA viability

Quote Originally Posted by Ragman View Post
    Hi, I have a Riland 3 in one CT 310. I haven't used it in over 2 years. I have lost the manual and am not sure about the hook ups for Argon for the tig and the air for the plasma. can you help with a diagram of some sort?
    Thanks
    Ragman
    Hi Ragman, as you can tell I dont come on to ofton,, You Probly have it fixed,,Lisa's Old Riland web site,Had all the Manuals,,If your still in a Jam,, send me a Pic,as I ALLWAYS talked everyone out of a 3 in 1 machine,and NEVER sold One!!!!!!!,,But a Pic to my email,at stortsweldingco@gmaildotcom and ill fix ya right up,,But Looking at the date,its prob, done,,, thanks,Jack

wrong forum I posted this in.. ill try the other one.
    Last edited by Thorton; 01-10-2013 at 10:28 PM.