Old Marquette Welder, can anyone give me info on it?
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Old Marquette Welder, can anyone give me info on it?

So this weekend my old man gave me his welder which used to belong to my grandfather... It is a 25 - 295 amp marquette "instant arc"... i was wondering if anyone knows anything about it how old it is etc...

i used it for about 3 hours this morning and it is WAY WAY WAY nicer than i expected... i am fairly new to welding (about 3 months of regular practice mostly on 110v machines) and i am pretty excited to have this new toy to play with.

Re: Old Marquette Welder, can anyone give me info on it?

WOW! I have never seen anything like that! Does it still work? Man, that thing is a beast!

yea works like a champ. i did shock myself a few times tho touching the stinger with no gloves on.

I have one just like it, that is what I learned to weld on also. It is shoved over in the corner with the old leads, the insulation has rotted of of them.

Watch that AC it will knock the sh!t out of you for sure. I found that out standing on the concrete shop floor one day trying to tack something up, I was barefooted and doing a little dance

It is a pretty good AC welder.

G3
    miller... 225g, s32p, 250x, 304, 12vs, MSW41
    victor o/a
    thermal dynamics cutmaster 50
    lenco panel spotter
    hobart hf-box

G3 Farms.....raising cattle, hay, kids and hell, ...oh yeah I'm a fire sprinkler contractor by trade.

Didnt Lincoln buy out Marquette in the 50s?

I've got an old Marquette out in the shop I haven't ever tried. It considerably differant than your's. Mine looks good, Dad gave it too me, he'd got it in a trade or bought cheap. Don't have any electric out there to try it, doesn't have any leads with it, just the plugs and about 6 inches of cable. Same as my WPN-200 Bug takes so soon as I get it where I can try it we'll see! Dad has another older Marquette that was my grandfathers, I've used it many times, great old machine! Just cause it's old don't knock it, but do be careful about the shocks though, been there myself!
    Rob H.

Hello people, I have the next edition to this welder and got a pamplet on it years ago, it shows one like yours, it seems they changed the panel on them sometime in the late fifties to the one I have. must say it a great welder if you only need ac will weld all day and not go crazy like the aluminum wound linc. buzz boxes do when they heat up.