Building a repo wrecker, and an intro - Page 3
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Building a repo wrecker, and an intro

Quote Originally Posted by willinthe985 View Post
    I've been keeping up with this truck on FSC, very awesome.

He's on FSC? Gotta link?
    Adam M
    Morales Ranch

Quote Originally Posted by MrBeast View Post
    My friend owns a company called Bowtie Breakers, he disasembles 88-98 chevys and sells the parts, he will be using the truck primarily to go pick up trucks he bought and haul them back to his yard, and it will be used to pull trailers. So really the hauler bed is ideal.
    Has your friend ever used a Sneaker unit?

Hauling anything larger than a Nissan Sentra gives you light steering and hardly any braking. I owned one for 10 years, and I would never buy another one. He will have his hands full if he is going to haul trucks with it.

Quote Originally Posted by denrep View Post
    I don't know if fast loading time itself is all that. As MrBeast must know, there's a lot more to a towing cycle than loading time alone.
    In the self-help repossession business, speed is the heart and soul of the business. Auto-loaders are the reigning king for two reasons. (A) To get in, get the vehicle without getting caught and...(B) To keep from getting dog bit. I can handle my own with an irate debtor, but there is no reasoning with their irate dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Dualie View Post
    well i will chime in a bit here. IF i was a one truck car towing operation hands down the carrier would be the way i would roll. PERIOD.

A Repo operation needs a repo truck. A self loader like he's building here, I'm partial to the dynamic self loader, but the eagle claw and others are well respected through the industry.
    Ideally, a repo outfit needs a snatch truck for the dirty work, and a rollback for voluntaries and delivering to the auction. In boom times, we have used both. The rollback follows the snatch truck. You leave the rollback a couple of blocks away, snatch one and haul it to the rollback, and move on to the next assignment. You can effectively bring three vehicles in at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Has your friend ever used a Sneaker unit?

Hauling anything larger than a Nissan Sentra gives you light steering and hardly any braking. I owned one for 10 years, and I would never buy another one. He will have his hands full if he is going to haul trucks with it.
    You must have had it installed on a Ford

This setup will grab a suburban no problem and drag it around. And he has run one pretty extensively. He had an 08 Xcab Chevy Dually with a Sneeker in it, Did a ton of impounds with that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    In the self-help repossession business, speed is the heart and soul of the business. Auto-loaders are the reigning king for two reasons. (A) To get in, get the vehicle without getting caught and...(B) To keep from getting dog bit. I can handle my own with an irate debtor, but there is no reasoning with their irate dog.

Ideally, a repo outfit needs a snatch truck for the dirty work, and a rollback for voluntaries and delivering to the auction. In boom times, we have used both. The rollback follows the snatch truck. You leave the rollback a couple of blocks away, snatch one and haul it to the rollback, and move on to the next assignment. You can effectively bring three vehicles in at a time.
    That is why I am fixing to build this:

To be towed behind this"

After I stuff a cummins in it!

Hi, I saw your diagram about how to built an Under wheel lift, but I Im trying to built my own Wheel Lift, and I would like to know if there is a posibility that you can sell me or i Dont know you diagram with the specification about how to built one of this for my truck. Thanks Cheko

Did you/ will you cross post this to the Chevy 3500HD forum?

www.3500HD.com

I have a '98 HD I bought last year that I'm slowly re-habbing into a welding rig. It's little over-sized for work on the ROW. but most of what i"m doing is structural fab and equipment repair. So it's going to be great for hauling material.

Just bought a new engine drive and I think I have a buyer for my Lincoln 300D. Once the 300D is off the truck, the flat bed is going bye-bye, and I'll be building everything new from the cab back.
    Mobile Welding at your worksite or place of business. Serving Dayton, Ohio and the surrounding metro areas.
    AWS Certified Welding Inspector (#XXX10731) and Certified Welding Educator (#XXX1008E)
    www.bensonmobilewelding.com