Millermatic 211 wire feed vs Lincoln PowerMig 180
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Millermatic 211 wire feed vs Lincoln PowerMig 180

Hello and thanks in advance for the help.

I have a 'Home Depot Special' Lincoln mig welder. I'd like to upgrade to a better quality machine, having fought with a variet of issues like feeding, consistent arc, etc..

I had a good look at a Lincoln PowerMig 180 and it looks like a good machine - well made, especially in the wire feed mechanism. Lincoln's competitive comparison skewers the wire feed on the Millermatic 180, but I can't find a comparison with with Millermatic 211.
    I haven't seen a '211 anywhere, so I don't know how its drive compares to the Lincoln 180. I'd probably prefer the 211 over the L180, based on the specs and the option to run it on 110 (hey - you never know).

Any comments? The reviews I've read on the 211 seem pretty favorable.

Thanks

Re: Millermatic 211 wire feed vs Lincoln PowerMig 180

There is also the Miller DVI2, which is what I have. A full sized Chassis and more duty cycle than the 211. I think it uses the full sized machine drive too.

I can't tell you about comparisons though it's the only machine I have ever owned and the only machine I have really used. I like it just fine though.

You won't go wrong with either one- the Miller offers more top end and 120v/240v-- the price reflects those options.

180c runs around 758.00

MM211 around 970.00
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus & Spool gun
    TA 185
    Lincoln SP135 Plus- (Gone to a good home)
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 bender
    Beer in the fridge

the 211 is a great welder but at 94lbs my
    next welder will be the passport +

Quote Originally Posted by salem747 View Post
    There is also the Miller DVI2, which is what I have. A full sized Chassis and more duty cycle than the 211. I think it uses the full sized machine drive too.

I can't tell you about comparisons though it's the only machine I have ever owned and the only machine I have really used. I like it just fine though.
    The DVI2 is a bit pricy for me - almost 2x a similarly equiped DVI2 ...

The weight of the 211 is a good point, though.

Has anybody had a look at the feed system of the 211? Does it look robust?

It is not the full size drive. I was going to get one till the lws had the lincoln 216 on special for the same price. I got the 216 and spool gun and a auto lincoln helmet for 1400. I been happy with it . The 211 is nice but I wanted the more heavy duty drive system and for the price I could not pass up that deal.
    ]Lincoln PT 225 Tig