Trailer fail pics - Page 87
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3777858687
Results 2,151 to 2,163 of 2163

Re: Trailer fail pics

Funny that picture shows up! Saves posting mine!
    Saturday I was excavating with my sidsteer, doing a lot of turning. Over the past week I had been hearing occasional clicks.
    Dumped a load of dirt, turned out of where I was, started back up the roadway when my rear wheel fell off! It had snapped the one stud and pulled one lugnut off another stud while leaving the 4 remaining nuts on their studs! I had replaced 6 studs on a different axle 2 years ago and wondered if the wear and tear condition of the other axle studs was acceptable? Apparently not!
    Cool thing about a 40yo skidsteer is that you can weld those holes shut, then drill them back out, good for another 40 years!
    Word of advice is that if the nuts look borderline in condition and the threads on the studs look worn, then replace them all!

Saw a real beauty yesterday! Pulling into the auto parts store. Hopefully there to buy some new trailer parts, though I doubt it.Name:  IMG_20170617_105057.jpg
Views: 1083
Size:  58.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_20170617_105106.jpg
Views: 1091
Size:  96.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_20170617_105049.jpg
Views: 1086
Size:  55.8 KB
    You didn't build that.

'85 Miller AEAD-200LE

....and another "strap fail"

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 1069
Size:  84.1 KB
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaDave View Post
    ....and another "strap fail"

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 1069
Size:  84.1 KB
    Should be fine if they had someone inside holding the brakes

Quote Originally Posted by anickode View Post
    Saw a real beauty yesterday! Pulling into the auto parts store. Hopefully there to buy some new trailer parts, though I doubt it.
    Of course he's getting trailer parts. He's gonna build a ramp gate so he can fill the trailer to the brim with those cement blocks! See, that's why he can only transport a few up near the tongue right now. He's gonna slap on the gate, and go get the couple hundred he couldn't safely load with out it. (I can't tell what that is in the back of his trailer, but cement blocks sounds good to me)...

This will NOT suffice.

~~~

They drive among us.
    City of L.A. Structural; Manual & Semi-Automatic;
    "Surely there is a mine for silver, and a place where gold is refined. Iron is taken from the earth, and copper is smelted from ore."
    Job 28:1,2

Lincoln, Miller, Victor & ISV Bible

Danny

Needs more paint.

Home built or factory built trailer ?

YEP! More paint!
    It's not a TOTAL Fail as there appears to be 1/2 to 3/4" at the top that did hold!
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Weldalittle View Post
    Of course he's getting trailer parts. He's gonna build a ramp gate so he can fill the trailer to the brim with those cement blocks! See, that's why he can only transport a few up near the tongue right now. He's gonna slap on the gate, and go get the couple hundred he couldn't safely load with out it. (I can't tell what that is in the back of his trailer, but cement blocks sounds good to me)...
    I couldn't tell either. Perhaps the trailer was tail heavy in its original configuration and swayed too much, so he removed the front axle and threw some ballast up front to make it safer to tow.
    You didn't build that.

'85 Miller AEAD-200LE

Quote Originally Posted by tanglediver View Post
    This will NOT suffice.

~~~

They drive among us.
    Gotta love those pound-em-out production mig welds... We have a guy at work that does occasional small welded repairs on mowing equipment... I've told him a hundred times that running a mig weld vertical down at 12v and 140ipm isn't going to work. He always replies "We always ran downhill at [unnamed manufacturing facility] and it worked fine." I try to explain the difference between high current pulsed spray transfer on thinwall stainless tubing and short circuit mig on 1/4" thick steel, but it never sinks in. Needless to say it usually takes him an hour of grinding and stacking bird poop ad nauseum to do what should have been a 30 second repair.
    You didn't build that.

'85 Miller AEAD-200LE

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    Home built or factory built trailer ?
    I'ld have to say OEM.
    City of L.A. Structural; Manual & Semi-Automatic;
    "Surely there is a mine for silver, and a place where gold is refined. Iron is taken from the earth, and copper is smelted from ore."
    Job 28:1,2

Lincoln, Miller, Victor & ISV Bible

Danny

Long story, I'm having a trailer built by a gentleman who custom builds trailers to customer specifications. He talks of his youth working in a trailer factory. They were paid on a piecework rate. Monday, Tuesday, maybe Wednesday, all the guys would screw off, not get much done. Thursday, and Friday, they're thinking of their paycheck and flying through the builds. These factories have a big turnover rate of welders. Few are well schooled, or very experienced welders. They don't pay much, and don't attract professional welders.

Willie
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.