teflon liner?
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: teflon liner?

Question teflon liner?

my lincoln weldpak 100 is jamming and a teflon liner has been suggested in another forum here. i have not seem them for sale so i am asking for a source.
    also im thinking some dry lubricant, maybe teflon or graphite could help?
    thanks

Re: teflon liner?

My first question is what is the wire diameter's OD compared to the liner's ID? The liner has to be larger or the wire will jam when it expands from the heat of current running thru it.

Quote Originally Posted by rick210t View Post
    my lincoln weldpak 100 is jamming and a teflon liner has been suggested in another forum here. i have not seem them for sale so i am asking for a source.
    also im thinking some dry lubricant, maybe teflon or graphite could help?
    thanks
    If you are trying to push Aluminum wire, a teflon lined Liner will help. What kind of wire are you using? How much time or how many pounds of wire have been pushed through it?

The liners do wear out. I wouldn't use any type of lube or graphite. It could/will cause Weld contamination issues.

It is also important to make sure your guide/feed rolls are set up correctly. Correct size, tension and alignment with the liner.

You can buy a liner at your local welding supply. I have had similar problems, replaced the liner and the problem was solved.

Check it out and let us know.

-Rhyno
    Last edited by Rhyno; 01-10-2010 at 07:27 PM.
    07 Fowler 200D
    65 RedFace
    04 Miller TB 302, 22hp
    Miller 12RC
    Miller HF 251-1
    Lincoln SP135
    HyperTherm PM 380
    and a few others...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    But, if I "all of a sudden disappear.... ...." hopefully I didn't suffer too much....

the welder has very low mileage.
    im using .025 and .035 wire so i guess size isnt an issue but it isnt aluminum.
    guide/feed seems to be ok.
    i think if i open the trigger i may find the problem but i dont know how that opens.
    thanks

If you are trying to run alum wire thru the gun, you can expect issues. Thats just part of the nature of things. Don't expect to change the liner and sudenly have alum wire feed like steel. It just won't happen.

No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!

Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by rick210t View Post
    the welder has very low mileage.
    im using .025 and .035 wire so i guess size isnt an issue but it isnt aluminum.
    guide/feed seems to be ok.
    i think if i open the trigger i may find the problem but i dont know how that opens.
    thanks
    If you take the gun and cable off of the machine, the liner will pull out from the feed side. I doubt that disassembling the trigger and handle will help you find the answer.

Don't throw the old liner away. You will use it to cut the new one to the correct length.

I can't remember how much they are, maybe $20-$30. You'll be happy with the new one.

-Rhyno
    07 Fowler 200D
    65 RedFace
    04 Miller TB 302, 22hp
    Miller 12RC
    Miller HF 251-1
    Lincoln SP135
    HyperTherm PM 380
    and a few others...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    But, if I "all of a sudden disappear.... ...." hopefully I didn't suffer too much....

Had a boy at work use the old liner to cut off the new to later find that the old liner was almost 2 inches to short,so we had a new liner that was 2 inches to short also,maybe install it in the gun first ,then cut it is what I would do
    Maxus Pro-125 Mig
    Chicago Electric 90 amp DC flux-core
    Lincoln Electric AC 225 tombstone
    O/A torch
    M/O mini-torch
    10 acres of flatland
    15 acres of holler