Welding Lead Plugs
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Welding Lead Plugs

I have a buzz box that has the work leads that plug in to the front of the machine, I want to replace the work leads with longer ones, the plugs on the end of the cables are brass pin type, they are 3/8 inches in diameter and about 1 inch long and have a plastic sleeve on them that does not seem to be removable.

I could turn these on the lathe, but would not be able to make the plastic sleeves.

Is there anywhere I can get these plugs to install on my leads?
    John

Re: Welding Lead Plugs

Hello John R, check with your local welding supplier and see if they carry these plugs, they should still be available from Bernard, Tweco, Lenco, or possibly others. Best regards, Allan
    aevald

Any good places to buy online, the closest welding supply is a long drive from where I live.
    Maybe a link?

Thanks
    John

Hello again John, if that's the case try going directly to the Bernard site or others, it is likely you could either order direct from them or they would have a directory that would lead you to an online supplier. I know that Bernard has these for sure, I have a set of that type that works with some of the Miller buzz boxes and some of the older AC/DC stick welders that they manufactured, I believe Marquette uses a similar plug and likely a host of others. Try: www.bernardwelds.com and see if that gets you linked. Good luck and regards, Allan
    aevald

Thanks

I'll give that a try.
    John

Hello again John, did a little bit of searching. Try googling "Miller style plug 1 MT", after you have looked at some of those options you will likely find a picture among them of the plug/connector, see if it matches yours. Kind of difficult to exactly match something in that manner, but it just might be the ticket. Regards, Allan
    aevald

Add to the other end of the lead. Cut the electrode and ground off. Add unions or quick connects. Parts available from the abpve listed suppliers.