Grader blade for bucket cutting edge?
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Grader blade for bucket cutting edge?

I've read some of the bucket cutting edge replacement projects and was wondering if anyone has used an old grader blade for a replacement cutting edge. My question is how do you handle the curve in grader blade. Also would you put the cleaner bolted edge in front? Thanks.

Re: Grader blade for bucket cutting edge?

You will be a lot happier in the end if you buy the right flat cutting edge blank.

You're probably right. Just wondering if anyone had done it.

I was wondering the same thing...I have 10-12 used grader blades with minimal to heavy wear...and a backhoe that is in dire need of a replacement...hmm free or spend money on the right one the first time around?

I've only found one thing that used grader blades are good for.......scrap. I have a farmer friend that had an entire pusher blade for his tractor made out of old grader blades. I got tired of fixing it so I built him a new one and just charged him for the steel. Fooker traded it off shortly after that. He did the same thing with a trailer I built for him, same deal, steel only. I now bill him for everything. And sold him my old trailer to replace the one he traded.
    My name's not Jim....

Syncrowave 200
    Millermatic 251 w/bottle mod
    Spoolmatic 30A
    Cutmaster 81
    Jet JTM-1 mill
    Jet GH-1340-W3 lathe
    Ellis 1600

If you have a jacked up bucket it will work but i would not do it on a good bucket.
    Millermatic DVI
    Millermatic 251
    Older buzz box
    Cheap 120 welder