MM135 vs HH140
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: MM135 vs HH140

MM135 vs HH140

Im a noob to welding and am looking to get a mig. From everything I've read, the Hobart Handler 140 fits perfect into my needs and budget. Then I found a guy who is selling his Miller 135 with a chop saw, Milwaukee grinder and some steel pieces for $450. Im thinking this is a great deal.. does this sound like something I should jump on? I planned on getting a new HH140, but I could really use the chopsaw and a new grinder and it would be nice to have some steel to start with for the price I would pay for the new HH140 ($479 at Northern/TSC)

Any thoughts? I plan mostly to work on DOM tubing (fab work on my truck), but have some other projects in mind that involve angle and square tube. I do plan to do a ton of practice and develop my skills before I do any big projects of course

Thanks

Sam

Re: MM135 vs HH140

If it was me, and I know its not, I would go for the package deal of Miller 135, chop saw, grinder and steel. In my opinion, the Miller is a better built machine with higher quality parts than the Hobart even though it is actually built by Miller.
    A few of my toys !

Crunchbang
    LinuxMint
    SolydX
    MX14
    Manjaro

Miller Roughneck 2E
    Lincoln WeldPak 100
    HTP MTS 160
    Chicago Electric 80amp Inverter
    Victor O/A

I might be going to look at the miller tonight.. is there anything I should look for?

Go for it. Sounds like a chance at a sweet deal
    Miller DVI2
    Lincoln Precision Tig 225
    Thermodynamics Cutmaster 38
    Everything else needed.

I bought a miller 135 last year for roughly the same cost, LOVE IT!!!! this is an excellent MIG. I've welded 1/8 " and 16 GA rebuilding my mustang, and it hasn't let me down yet. Unless you plan on doing 1/4", single pass, on a regular basis, this MIG should handle anything under that, easily.

I decided to go with the miller.. the guy threw in a few extras, so I couldnt turn it down lol

Was a little dirty

After

Congrads! Sweet deal! I think you will be very satisfied.
    A few of my toys !

Crunchbang
    LinuxMint
    SolydX
    MX14
    Manjaro

Miller Roughneck 2E
    Lincoln WeldPak 100
    HTP MTS 160
    Chicago Electric 80amp Inverter
    Victor O/A

Thanks... I had a free hour today, so I went out to the garage to try it out. Made some of the ugliest beads I've ever seen.. but thats my fault lol The miller works great.. can't wait till I have some time to get some real practice in!