need some ideas on welding bed
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

need some ideas on welding bed

i am going to build me a welding bed to put my sa 200 on and would like some ideas from yall i found this site that builds really nice beds checkem out http://bobkingstruckbeds.com/ if you have some pics please post them but i must warn you if i like an idea i will us it thanks caudle
    sa200 mo heat mo rod mo money

Re: need some ideas on welding bed

no reply yet wow i cant beleve that

Hey Caudle there is a thread on here about the welding rigs Here it is http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=27979 check that out it should help you a little.

I agree with the above, just posted one of mine there the other day.
    Aeromax Service Truck w/ 6,000lb Crane to carry my toys.
    Miller Trailblazer 302
    '69 Lincoln SA-200

A couple of Victor Jr's to make big pieces smaller..........

no really what i was looking for but thats ok look at www.bobkingstruckbeds.com under welding beds thay have some some neat beds i like the boxes thanks guys

On that Bob King link for the welding beds for trucks, there are quite a few that have this odd bed headboard contraption in the middle of the bed...

What is that thing? Some type of weird heat exchanger, or gas cooler? Or is that a collapsable crane for lifting the welder, shown in stowed position? Anybody know?

Just curious,
    thanx, zip.

Its usually refered to as a hoosier pole. Some times they have another pipe inside that telescopes out to make them longer. It swings out and you can hang your leads on it, sometimes it has a umbrella mount on it as well. The purpose is to allow you to hang up the leads and then pull up to the next joint of pipe and without having to spool up between each joint. Some I have seen have a place to hang a remote box and two grinders, usually a grinder and a wire wheel buffer. Speed is essential on the firing line.
    Mack

Hey Caudle.I just want'ed to put this out there for you.I work at a steel yard,And see lots of trucks.Steel has not hit its peak in price.If you have a welder,you might check the local fab shops to find out what they charge to roll plate and build it yourself.I built the bed for my truck.It was an 8x10 flatbed,I dont weld for aliving so I used 2x2 and 2.5x2.5 3/16's square tubing so I could remove everything off the bed.Just like a receiver hitch.Its just an idea,Good luck.Scott

Quote Originally Posted by caudle View Post
    i am going to build me a welding bed to put my sa 200 on and would like some ideas from yall i found this site that builds really nice beds checkem out http://bobkingstruckbeds.com/ if you have some pics please post them but i must warn you if i like an idea i will us it thanks caudle
    Here is a link on some good decks

http://expresscustom.com/nav_all_gal...hp?gazgroup=35
    Leigh

Lincoln Classic 300D
    Lincoln SA 250
    Red d arc 300 diesel
    Ranger 305
    Miller 302 Trailblazer
    12V Extreme Suitcase
    Miller 200 DX
    Victor O/A torches
    3 dodge dually cummmins

Good idea that. I'd like a ~hoosier pole~ on my li'l mobile farm welding trailer I'm working on... telescoping even so I'll see if I can work that in.

hoosier pole hmm odd name... cool thing

Those "decks" are spendy! If U R going into business ya' might let it be customer driven at first... grow as THEY ask for it. I've done 2 businesses in my life and they grew like sunflowers and made good $... simply listen to what your customer wants/can't find... then satisfy that first... plenty of time to have a nice deck, especially since you have the talent to build a real nice one yourself, right? My 2cents of time is up.
    enjoy,.
    Last edited by PapaLion; 03-13-2010 at 10:37 PM.
    Lincoln Power MIG 215
    Lincoln WeldPak 3200HD
    Lincon ProCut 25
    Lincoln WeldanPower 225 AC/DC

If all else fails... buy more tools

Quote Originally Posted by caudle View Post
    no really what i was looking for but thats ok look at www.bobkingstruckbeds.com under welding beds thay have some some neat beds i like the boxes thanks guys
    http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=27979

you mean you looked at that entire thread and didnt get a single idea?
    Ranger 250 GXT
    Smith Gas Axe