Welding Bed toolboxes
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Welding Bed toolboxes

I have seen a lot of welding beds on here with the boxes built into the bed. How do you guys fab the toolboxes for your beds? Like the doors and to where they seal good.

Re: Welding Bed toolboxes

well i know my grandfathers rig had a lid that you lifted basicly he took sheet and had it (cross broke) to make it stronger and i do believe he had 1" lips broke on it as well then welded the corners and sanded them smooth the when it rained no water got in and i think he also had a gasket on the edge of the box to really make it water tight lot of diff way to do it thats just what he built i have notices some guys just buy a truck box and weld it on the bed and make it look like it was custom its how ever you want to set up your rig and how it works for you
    Lincoln Pro Core 125
    Lincolin sp 100
    Miller Big 40
    Lincoln Idealarc SP250
    miller matic 212
    http://www.facebook.com/hdwelding?sk=wall
    www.hdweldingbeds.com

ya I would like to know too. I was thinking of making a tongue box for my trailer.
    Adam M
    Morales Ranch

I made my door frames out of 1" angle so that the door was recessed inside the angle. No way water can get in that way. Doors are 1/4" al. diamond plate so I didn't have to use any extra framing on the doors.