Build your own water well drilling rig cheap!
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Build your own water well drilling rig cheap!

If this will help, there are hands on plans to buld your own drilling rig for water well drilling. heres the site. http://www.drillingfab.com/
    the book has lots of pictures and directions. all you need is a welding machine and a chop saw and about one sat afternoon. the rig is like a hydra drill , but better made and will even drill rock. nice way to have some fun, save 3000.00 , get a well and still have the rig to sell when your done.
    good luck.............we now have 3 wells on our 20 acres. they also have a drilling tips and trouble shooting book that helps.

thanks drilling dude. Where do you live? Do you do this for hobby or for living? Thanks
    IF it Catches...Let it Burn

building a drilling rig started out for fun but.........

I started out building a drilling rig becuase we needed water and i didnt have 8500.00 for a well. Now i finished building the rig and finished drilling several water wells on our 20 acres. i have had 3 differant people wanting to buy the rig . i may make more now.

thats real interesting to me. Like everone else around these parts my ponds are dried up right now. So I'm busy digging silt every chance I have. Right now my tractor is stuck to the axle in the silt with a flat. That'll be fun.

Anyways typically I have a lot of water right up until late july and august. It starts to get real low. I'd like to have a well with a pump to keep it somewhat full year round.

I used to live on a ranch in an old ranch hand house. The water came from a well pump by a wind mill. I'd have to monitor the water in the tank and engage or dis-engage the clutch. More often than not I was either out of water or overflowing the tank that was up on a grain tower.

I've seen another website showing a poor mans well using PVC hand hammered into the earth. Thats seems like it would work. I can't wait to try it

water well rig plans link page

For the plans here is a direct link.
    http://drillingfab.com/books
    book has pictures and measurements. pretty simple. The nice thing is after you have a drilling rig built it only cost 80.00 to drill and case a 120ft well. pump and tank is extra....
    i had some extra iron and junk so i did not buy much new stuff.

Im in central texas. lots of easy drilling sand here.glad i got water, rain is not to much here. we are at a 50yr drought now. we are 15 inches of rain behind.so far my well is still fine..............

Re: Build your own water well drilling rig cheap!

Hey DrillingDude,

I can't find the plans now at http://www.drillingfab.com/ Do you happen to have this info you could pass on to me? I have an old well and now want to redrill it or drill near it, but I want to build my own drilling rig.

Homesteader

sorry homesteader,
    this thread is 6yrs old.
    Have you tried mother earth news or any other homesteading websites for drilling info?
    I kinda think "drillingdude" turned into "rockbuster" and is now selling the machines instead of the plans
    Last edited by dubl_t; 11-02-2012 at 11:59 AM.
    Lincoln SA 200
    Esab Caddy 160
    Thermal Arc 201TS
    Miller Dialarc HF

I don't like making plans for the day because then the word "premeditated" gets thrown around the courtroom....

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisMs View Post
    I can't find the plans now at http://www.drillingfab.com/ Do you happen to have this info you could pass on to me? I have an old well and now want to redrill it or drill near it, but I want to build my own drilling rig.
    You can view some archived copies of the site from way back when here:
    http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/htt...illingfab.com/

These units are very simple, some kind of gear or hydraulic drive, a water swivel, some pipe sections and a cutting head. This site has some information and parts that might get you started: http://www.esd-mfg.net/

This thread may give you some inspiration.
    http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=236674

Hi, reminds me of the time I put a watering system round my garden and had to go 10 feet across and under my driveway.

Thr driveway consisted of two concrete drive up strips with a grassed middle section, 10 feet wide.

I just dug a hole 6" deep at one side of the driveway and poked a 12 feet piece of 1" square tubing attached to my hose pipe into the hole and aimed it at the other side of the drive.

By alternately poking and turning the water on and off I "drilled" the hole in about 3 hours.

The alternative was to cut through the concrete with a diamond saw and relay it afterwards.
    Ian.

Where I live, (NV desert) only a licensed well driller can drill wells. A big fine for anyone caught without the license. We use water rights here, kinda like mineral rights. I considered the Hydra Drill but forfited my water rights for City water. The well drilling laws are probably different from state to state but you may wanna check the codes where live and drill on the weekend and holidays only PhyllisMs. Just a heads up

Quote Originally Posted by Insaneride View Post
    Where I live, (NV desert) only a licensed well driller can drill wells. A big fine for anyone caught without the license. We use water rights here, kinda like mineral rights. I considered the Hydra Drill but forfited my water rights for City water. The well drilling laws are probably different from state to state but you may wanna check the codes where live and drill on the weekend and holidays only PhyllisMs. Just a heads up
    Insane, did you ever read Cadillac Desert by Reisner?
    I think it was made into a documentary by PBS also. Truly eye-opening in regards to the Southwest's water issues.

I look out my window as it's been raining for 8 days here

yea, yea, I know....nice and green, but no work if you're a mason
    Lincoln SA 200
    Esab Caddy 160
    Thermal Arc 201TS
    Miller Dialarc HF

I don't like making plans for the day because then the word "premeditated" gets thrown around the courtroom....

dubl_t, I havnt read the Cadillac Desert but have seen the Mulholland Los Angeles Aqueduct.
    I did see the movie with Jack Nicholson about it, good movie. I will look into the book.

Sounds like an 8 day weekend. I worked as a Hoddy in Texas and Wyoming during the summers of High School days. At 18 years old, I thought I knew it all and being a Hod Carrier was better and easier than being a drywaller for the family buisness. Young and dumb I guess but I dont regret anything about doing hard work.

if anyone wants info on building a 3-point rig for a tractor with remote hydraulics,send me a pm with your email. the files are too large to post here.
    miller thunderbolt 250v
    lincoln square wave tig 175 pro
    lincoln idealarc mig sp250
    everlast tig 210EXT
    everlast power plasma 50
    chicago electric (hf) 130 tig/90 arc
    chicago electric 90 amp flux wire
    3 sets oxy/acet

if there was a problem due to size of file,pm me again and i'll send it in three separate files.
    miller thunderbolt 250v
    everlast tig 210EXT
    everlast power plasma 50
    3 sets oxy/acet

Quote Originally Posted by boatbuoy View Post
    if anyone wants info on building a 3-point rig for a tractor with remote hydraulics,send me a pm with your email. the files are too large to post here.
    a number of requests have been made with no email adress. so again---the file is too damn big to post as an attachment.
    miller thunderbolt 250v
    everlast tig 210EXT
    everlast power plasma 50
    3 sets oxy/acet

Hello Boatbuoy,

Re: BUILD YOUR OWN WATER WELL DRILLING RIG CHEAP?

We've formed a partnership & bought a farm. This will help us greatly - DIY water well drilling rig. A lot of work ahead of us.

E-mail: gemanmbr2abx08xab.11lg@gmail.com

Thanks a million in advance - really appreciate the time/effort u will take to upload the file. If it works we would like to do something 4 u in return.

Sincerely

Quote Originally Posted by boatbuoy View Post
    a number of requests have been made with no email adress. so again---the file is too damn big to post as an attachment.

Hello Boatbuoy,

Re: BUILD YOUR OWN WATER WELL DRILLING RIG CHEAP?

We've formed a partnership & bought a farm. This will help us greatly - DIY water well drilling rig. A lot of work ahead of us.

E-mail: gemanmbr2abx08xab.11lg@gmail.com

Thanks a million in advance - really appreciate the time/effort u will take to upload the file. If it works we would like to do something 4 u in return.

Sincerely

Sorry I don't know how to PM but I would be interested in the plans Thanks
    service@allstoresunited.com

those home made water drilling rigs might work if your in sand..aint gona work upstate NY, where you have to drill down a 150 plus feet into bedrock to seal the casing...
    Of all the things I lost I miss my mind the most...

Quote Originally Posted by roadkillbobb View Post
    those home made water drilling rigs might work if your in sand..aint gona work upstate NY, where you have to drill down a 150 plus feet into bedrock to seal the casing...
    not true.my unit does bore thru rock using a core drill that's coated with carbide chips.
    miller thunderbolt 250v
    everlast tig 210EXT
    everlast power plasma 50
    3 sets oxy/acet

pls send me files on my email denisr21@hotmail.com

if I missed sending the plans to anyone,send me a pm with your email.
    miller thunderbolt 250v
    everlast tig 210EXT
    everlast power plasma 50
    3 sets oxy/acet

Would love a set.
    Glwood@hotmail.com

Thanks.

send them to wookiewelding @ gmail .com
    Smith Gas Mixer AR/H
    Tig is my Kung Fu
    Throwing down dimes and weaving about
    Welding Engineer
    Instagram http://instagram.com/weldor_wes