Syncrowave 200
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: Syncrowave 200

Syncrowave 200

Anyone here running one of these things?
    Found a good deal on a 4 month old one.
    Went yesterday and looked at a 250, but it was beat up pretty bad plus I didn't realize the power draw on it.
    John

Re: Syncrowave 200

I've got a Sync 200. Is there a question you'd like answered or are we taking a poll?

Define "good deal"? As far as power draw, all the transformer machines are power hungry, but at 1/2 or less the cost new of an inverter machine of the same power, they are often worth it for the small time user.

No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!

Ronald Reagan

The shop wants 1700.00 for the 200, but the guy that works there said I could come back and talk to the owner on Monday, he might go less.
    The 250 had been used in a factory for repairs in a caustic environment and had a lot of rust and corrosion, so I passed it up.
    John

New you can find the Syncrowave 200 for about $2K without the wheel kit.

http://store.cyberweld.com/miactigwesys.html
    http://www.brweldingsupplies.com/sho...der-907308.cfm

Earlier this year I was seeing the same units for about $100 less, but I can't find the links right now. $1700 isn't what I'd call a "great" deal, more like next to new. I've seen low hour units go for $1300 this spring on CL. Thats a "good" deal, and older moderately used ones listed for $1100.

Unless the unit comes with decent accessories, cylinder, water cooled torch, etc. I'd probably pass and just go new myself.

The 200 is a nice starter unit, but it's a bit light on power if you want to do heavier alum, say 1/4" to 3/8". I can do 1/4" on mine with some preheat, but wished I'd ponied up the extra cash for a 250 sometimes to have the extra amps on alum. On 1/8" - 3/16" it does a nice job, but the water cooled torch would be a nice addition especially if I was going to use it commercially.

No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!

Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by DSW View Post
    New you can find the Syncrowave 200 for about $2K without the wheel kit.

http://store.cyberweld.com/miactigwesys.html
    http://www.brweldingsupplies.com/sho...der-907308.cfm

Earlier this year I was seeing the same units for about $100 less, but I can't find the links right now. $1700 isn't what I'd call a "great" deal, more like next to new. I've seen low hour units go for $1300 this spring on CL. Thats a "good" deal, and older moderately used ones listed for $1100.

Unless the unit comes with decent accessories, cylinder, water cooled torch, etc. I'd probably pass and just go new myself.

The 200 is a nice starter unit, but it's a bit light on power if you want to do heavier alum, say 1/4" to 3/8". I can do 1/4" on mine with some preheat, but wished I'd ponied up the extra cash for a 250 sometimes to have the extra amps on alum. On 1/8" - 3/16" it does a nice job, but the water cooled torch would be a nice addition especially if I was going to use it commercially.
    ^ What he said. I bought one and it's a good unit to start with.

Found a new Sync 200 machine with the wheel kit at a local welding shop for $2099.00, going to go that route in less I find something else in the mean time.
    Sale is through August 31 so I can look for awhile longer.
    Thanks for all the help.
    John