help with Powcon 200sm
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

help with Powcon 200sm

Hi everyone

I'm a new member and I have a few questions about a welder I just got. This is a Powcon sm200 that I got at a local auction. The welder came with a MK prince spool gun with powcon label, powcon power drive II wire feed and leads for stick welding. I have called MK for a manual for there spool gun. I would like to try and get manuals for the wire feed and welder but don't know where to get these. The welder only has two controls on it. one is a dial for (weld power) and the other is a three position switch (weld process). I can only read the III position on the switch (GMAW{spray} FMAW SMAW. I would like to find out what the other two positions read. I would like to use this welder for GMAW(mig) but if it is a multiprocess I would use it in all process. This welder is an inverter type and makes a ticking sound when turned on, is this normal? I have used the SMAW(stick) process and it did a nice job. The spool gun and wire feeder both seem to work but I am new to MIG/Flux-cored welding and have not tried these yet. I would love to get some info about this welder. Thanks for any and all help

Andy

Arc Products in San Diego, Calif. handles parts for Pow Con machines. Wheather they have any manuals I don't know.

You may get some answers on the Hobart forum.
    J P Streets Welding LLC

Astuct Yes they still carrey the mans for those machines, as I toohad to purchase them last year, the machine is a real nice piece. You will be suprised at the power that that thing operates on. If you go over to the Hobart board there is a guy there that seems to have a vast knowlage of these fine machines.
    The phone number for the mans is 1-800-770-0063 ask for Ginger Curry

Bernie