simadre 3 in 1 units
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

simadre 3 in 1 units

I am needing to know real experiance with their 3 in 1 units. I am having to decide between a "UNT 520D 50A PLASMA CUTTER 200A TIG ARC MMA WELDER" and a "longevity WeldMax 164i" 40A/160A both 60%

im going to be painfully stretched if I get the longevity unit. It obviously has much better quality due to the 5yr warranty vs 1 year by Simadre. i would be loosing 10A in plasma and 40A in tig. unknown for stick. 350$ difference in price though makes me have to weigh it serously.

I will be doing farm fab 15mm thick welding/cutting max likely. the qa plate on my bucket uses 15mm steel so I plan to make the qa for my hay attachment that thick to. most of the rest of it would be standard angle iron. most other projects would be between sheet and angle in thickness depending on if im doing body work or repairing farm equipment.

I also want to hard face my buckets. afaik I would be using stick and plasma most but may get in to tig if given a reason. If i could throw money at it blindly no there wouldent be a question at all. since i cant i need to know that the 350$ investment is worth it. hell Id love to drop 3k on welding equipment right now but cant

Re: simadre 3 in 1 units

Quote Originally Posted by kendrick View Post
    I am needing to know real experiance with their 3 in 1 units. I am having to decide between a "UNT 520D 50A PLASMA CUTTER 200A TIG ARC MMA WELDER" and a "longevity WeldMax 164i" 40A/160A both 60%

im going to be painfully stretched if I get the longevity unit. It obviously has much better quality due to the 5yr warranty vs 1 year by Simadre. i would be loosing 10A in plasma and 40A in tig. unknown for stick. 350$ difference in price though makes me have to weigh it serously.

I will be doing farm fab 15mm thick welding/cutting max likely. the qa plate on my bucket uses 15mm steel so I plan to make the qa for my hay attachment that thick to. most of the rest of it would be standard angle iron. most other projects would be between sheet and angle in thickness depending on if im doing body work or repairing farm equipment.

I also want to hard face my buckets. afaik I would be using stick and plasma most but may get in to tig if given a reason. If i could throw money at it blindly no there wouldent be a question at all. since i cant i need to know that the 350$ investment is worth it. hell Id love to drop 3k on welding equipment right now but cant
    Kendrick,

Give us a call. You definitely need to consider buying quality equipment and if you read all the threads you will save yourself lots of headache going with a reliable company. We will also take the pain away and try to give you a good price relative to what Simadre is offering.

Thanks,

Simon
    877-566-4462 x201
    LONGEVITY Welding
    Best Prices On Welding Equipment
    Phone: 877-566-4462

I would look at the difference in customer service you will receive.5yr warranty is worth alot if you are planning on using the unit quite a bit.I haven't had experience with longevity but they seem to resolve customer concerns rather quickly.I don't see simadre with their own forum where you can get quick info if you have problems.

I know I dont have any posts on here, but I have a simadre tig/plasma welder (ct 520 i think) I actually joined to get some info on a Sure Weld tig machine I bought to replace the Simadre.

The simadre is a great machine. It makes nice tig welds and cuts nicely with the plasma. However, I would have some doubts about cutting 15mm steel. I havent cut through any steel plate that thick, but I did cut through the coil springs of a macpherson strut (dont worry, they were thrown away).

I bought a Simadre 200P 3 in 1 in Dec 09 before I discovered this board on a auction deal starting at $950 (no other bidders and buy now was $1149). The first unit blew up as soon at I plugged it it but the Ebay seller was very quick about replacing it. The second unit came and would turn on but no arc - probably a bad grounding circuit. Simadre was a little slower in replacing this unit but did so to my satisfaction. The third unit came and arrived slightly dented from a forklift ding but has worked great so far. I did replace the ground clamp and cable, the stinger cable. Both cables were way too short and the ground clamp was more like a cheap battery charger clamp. I also replaced the argon regulator because the fittings were all wrong and it leaked badly. The hoses for the regulator, water trap, and argon bottle line were all of poor quality so I replaced those as well.

I bought Chinese because I have had superb experience with a Parker Cut40. I went AC/DC so I could teach myself TIG and do aluminum later on. In retrospect, the $1200 I spent getting a good rig could/should have been spent in a used American made TIG unit and stayed with my Lincoln AC/DC 235 and my Cut40. At the time I thought I could consolidate everything into one unit and the 200P would allow for future capability. I still have it all because of potential reliability with the Simadre. Beware of their buyer ratings on Ebay - somehow they have figured out how to work the system so bad ratings never show up.

Steve

Steve,

Sorry to hear about your experience with replacements. If you ever need to speak with a certified welder about your unit to insure it performs, give us a call!
    LONGEVITY Welding
    Best Prices On Welding Equipment
    Phone: 877-566-4462