Dynasty 350 Settings
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Dynasty 350 Settings

Well ok I'm new here and new to Tig welding. I recently purchased a Dynasty 350, took a Tig course at a Tech. School. Now I am trying to better understand all the settings. The manual doesn't go into very much detail. I am for some reason determined to weld pop cans bottom to bottom. I can do it fairly well but not as well as I would like. In class I was using a Dynasty 300 the weld bead was prettyer than I can achieve with my 350. My bead doesn't look polished like I would like, I'm sure it is just a combination of settings. Any suggestions would be appreciated. And what are tags that you add at the bottom of the post screen?
    Mister Gadget

Serious about my toys

Miller Dynasty 350
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Esab PCM-875 plasma cutter
    Lincoln Powermig 350
    Push-Pull Gun
    Hawthorn 50 Ton Ironworker
    Machine tools & Surface grinders

Re: Dynasty 350 Settings

That's a serious machine. Have you tried to play with the setting at all? Try turning down you AC balance and go from there. Also, are you using the same filler rod that you use at school?

If you're going to practice aluminum tig welding, practice on something 1/8" or thicker. Leave the pop can welding for later when you're completely bored with your success at welding thicker aluminum plate vertical and overhead, or pipe, with the wrong hand, in some contorted body position. At that point, playing with pop cans will actually be fun.
    MM350P/Python/Q300
    MM175/Q300
    DialarcHF

HTP MIG200
    PowCon300SM

Hypertherm380
    ThermalArc185
    Purox oa
    F350CrewCab4x4
    LoadNGo utilitybed
    Bobcat250
    XMT304/Optima/Spoolmatic
    Suitcase12RC/Q300
    Suitcase8RC/Q400
    Passport/Q300

Smith op

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Gadget View Post
    My bead doesn't look polished like I would like,
    AC TIG welding aluminum should not look polished like DC TIG welding stainless.
    There should be an etched zone around the weld that will look a little rough. The more DCEN you go, the less etching you will have, but also, the less cleaning action.

Thanks for your imput. I have tried different settings, I am getting better. I started welding the cans on a challenge and now just on a mission to get better at it. It does help teach control, welding on such thin material and there is an endless supply of cans to practice on. Starting another class 9/28/10 carbon steel 4 positions.
    I just need more practice, I love to learn! Bye for now. Scott
    Mister Gadget

Serious about my toys

Miller Dynasty 350
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Esab PCM-875 plasma cutter
    Lincoln Powermig 350
    Push-Pull Gun
    Hawthorn 50 Ton Ironworker
    Machine tools & Surface grinders