everlast ct520 Q
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

everlast ct520 Q

I have had my everlast 520 unit for a while now and it is working fine (unlike my giant tech unit,,,,but I digress) This maybe a stupid question but seeing as how I have the giant tech ct520 not working right now I thought I would ask. On the tig torch it states to "clear the circuit". Yes I just now noticed it,,,lol...what exactly does that mean? I am assuming it means to hit the switch after it is turned off to drain the electrical components of stored energy. Is this correct because I just started doing that after having the unit for over a year or more. Or is that NOT what I should be doing and just let it disipate on its own like I have been doing?
    Mark

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

Re: everlast ct520 Q

I don't know exactly, since this is an Everlast Canada product, but maybe Duncan can chime in about this.
    Welders:
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Penncraft 230 (oldy but goody)
    HF Plasma 30 (Italian)
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy/Acetylene/Propane
    Lincoln SA200
    Everlast Power Tig 250 EX
    Everlast PowerUltra 205

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

Re: everlast ct520 Q

TX,
    I just realized that you TX probably was Texas....so it is likely our unit. PM me and I can give you all the information you need. We do have online manuals still for the older stuff, but the box manual is junk.

Don't worry about
    "Clearing the circuit". I am not sure what it means in context, but I have seen it used in some of the Chinese writings as a safety warning, not to touch something "live".
    Welders:
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Penncraft 230 (oldy but goody)
    HF Plasma 30 (Italian)
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy/Acetylene/Propane
    Lincoln SA200
    Everlast Power Tig 250 EX
    Everlast PowerUltra 205