2011 Everlast PowerTig 250EXT & 315EXT Tig/Stick PULSE DIGITAL WELDER
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2011 Everlast PowerTig 250EXT & 315EXT Tig/Stick PULSE DIGITAL WELDER

For 2011, we are introducing our line of all new PowerTig EX-T series of digital AC/DC Pulse welders. This unit has been developed with joint technical development and input from S. Korea. As we began thinking about new product lines after the spring introduction and success of the PowerTig line in 2009, we began a sincere effort to offer a line of units with even higher technical capability and function. Along with our thinking was a simplified design with plug and play ability of parts for quick and economical service. This is the result of our efforts.

Production and delivery is scheduled to begin early next year with models ranging from 250, 315, and even up to 400 amps will eventually be produced. For a digital welder, the controls are simple and intuitive to use. Graphical representation of each function is represented that
    makes setting the correct function quick and easy. Improvements in
    design and function will be apparent over our current series, with AC bias control which will allow individual setting of the + and - half cycle of the AC current. Combined with pulse, this is an excellent feature for controlling heat input, tungsten shape and cleaning width on Aluminum. Advanced wave form control with varying AC wave form will be available as well to adjust arc characteristics as well while welding
    aluminum. Improved stick welding ability improves 6010 performance
    over the current EX series. Duty cycle will be a full 60% at 250 amps and 315 amps. Water cooler lines exit the front for convenient hook up. New and improved torches and accessories will be offered.

Pictured is our pre-production model that will be at Fabtech in Atlanta.

But for the current PowerTig fans and customers, don't worry, the current series is here to stay. You may see a few spill over improvements in the current line later down the road, but we want to improve our offerings in the higher end product line.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by lugweld; 01-05-2011 at 02:07 AM.

Re: 2011 Everlast PowerTig 250EXT & 315EXT Tig/Stick PULSE DIGITAL WELDER

Wow, looks like a pretty sweet machine. When is the everlast sub arc gonna be out?

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

It is already, but by special order.
    Welders:
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Penncraft 230 (oldy but goody)
    HF Plasma 30 (Italian)
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy/Acetylene/Propane
    Lincoln SA200
    Everlast Power Tig 250 EX
    Everlast PowerUltra 205

Are these single or 3 phase machines?
    Is the water cooler built in or just plumbed through the machine?
    Will these be getting the same quick connects as the other TIG machines?
    Any preliminary price point?
    Thanks!

The 250 will be single phase 220, with later offerings being dual phase, 220/460. For now the 315 and 400 will be 3 phase, scheduled for 460V production.

We are still deciding on the final selection of fittings that will appear on the unit.The lines do run through the cooler.
    Welders:
    Esab Migmaster 250
    HF Plasma 30 (Italian)
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Lincoln SA200
    Everlast PowerUltra 205

Are there any changes coming to the Powerpro 256 units?
    Miller Auto Invision 456 + S-62 wire feeder
    C6240B1 Gap bed lathe
    16 ft3 air compressor
    16 speed pedestal drill
    Hafco BS-912 Bandsaw

No, no major changes in the current line. These are not changes, but rather additions. Nothing major has been changed with the current line. We have some small minor things here and there, but mostly to do with accessories.
    Last edited by lugweld; 10-16-2010 at 11:01 PM.
    Welders:
    Esab Migmaster 250
    HF Plasma 30 (Italian)
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Lincoln SA200
    Everlast PowerUltra 205

When did the sub-arc machines become available by special order? When I ordered my machine I aske mike and mark both about it and they figured in November if I remember right... and lugweld, do you work for everlast in sales, or are you just selling/promoting the machines locally?

I am Mark...

I may not have been clear with you or you may not have understood what I meant. However, I don't recall having a direct conversation about it recently with anyone. We have had them available for a year or so now. But again it is a prepay, special build to order only item. In the future we may stock the machines, sometime early next year now as we move more industrial product into our line up. Sorry, for the crappy quality. I cut it from our international industrial catalog and didn't have time to clean up the edges. This image was cut from a pdf and then transferred expanded and resaved several times as well...but you get the idea. I could have glossed over this fact, since most people only want stocking items. We have multiple items available this way and have had some time with greater industrial umppphh...but we do not stock all we sell. We sell internationally different products than we do here, mostly in Europe and a few central/south American countries. All of which could be stocked here, but aren't due to market demands.
    Last edited by ZTFab; 12-03-2010 at 10:02 AM.
    Welders:
    Esab Migmaster 250
    HF Plasma 30 (Italian)
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Lincoln SA200
    Everlast PowerUltra 205

ahhh I see! Hey Mark. I bought my multipurpose machine from you back in June. I am always interested in seeing all the products you have to offer. I am interested in learning about the industrial level machines you have to offer!

I just preordered one of the 250EXT's. When you get a chance can you post photos of the back side connections? Also will this unit match up and sit on top of the new cooler like a miller dynasty 350?

Not right now. We are using our standard cooler which will set to the side.
    Welders:
    Esab Migmaster 250
    HF Plasma 30 (Italian)
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Lincoln SA200
    Everlast PowerUltra 205

I thought Alex said there would be a new one made for the EXT units? I didn't mean right now. Obviously, the welder won't even be available unitl January. Thanks!
    Last edited by mp006ltk; 11-19-2010 at 11:49 PM.

New ExT will be in stock very soon ! Thank you for all who order them !

I posted on the everlast website forum but nobody replied.

I wanted to follow up on on a post I made there a month ago. The last reply said that there was some reworking of the pannels. I wanted to see if this was sorted out.

1.)
    Do you have photo's of the reworked units? (Specifically connections and panels)

2.)
    Alex said there would be a custom water cooler made for the EXT units. What is the status of that? I think Lug replied on here that there wouldn't but I wanted a final answer. Alex said there would be when I ordered and that it would be ready around the same time.

3.)
    Is there an apox. ship date now that we're firmly in January?

Thanks!

No, it is going to take time. Things have to be produced, tested, evaluated then produced, shipped etc. Oleg was perhaps a little optimistic when he originally announced a date. It will be here, but much later. And I am not going to put a firm date on it. There are no problems or anything unexepected. All is going according to plan, but it takes time to get everything in place and the testing we do to make sure all is right with the world takes time. New product takes lots of planning. The water cooler right now is the last thing on the list. We are working on it, but the current cooler will work quite well with it.
    Last edited by lugweld; 01-10-2011 at 02:33 AM.
    Welders:
    Esab Migmaster 250
    HF Plasma 30 (Italian)
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Lincoln SA200
    Everlast PowerUltra 205

That new welder looks SICK!!!!!!! Any chance someone can pm me the price on the 250EXT?

I wouldn't hold my breath.

The price they gave me was great, but since they couldn't ever deliver, I canceled my order. Ordered 250EXT in Nov, for Jan delivery, and I still don't think the darn thing exists.

I bit the bullet and (admitidly) overpaid for a miller. I like it, but it wasn't worth $2900.00. On the other hand it beats waiting for vaporware, and it runs on 120v if need be.

It does exist. Its in testing now at location close by to me. I've had a number of very positive comments about the unit, and its arc stablity and starting properties. We are making admittedly a couple changes to the functions, so it is taking more time than planned to put into full production to get the thing 100% the way we want it.
    Welders:
    Esab Migmaster 250
    HF Plasma 30 (Italian)
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Lincoln SA200
    Everlast PowerUltra 205

I'm looking to purchase a PowerTig 250 but think I should hold out to see what the 250EXT will do differently. I just wish someone would be honest and at least give an estimate of when it will be available and the final specs with pictures. Even a date range would be helpful. If not I may have to look into a used Syncrowave 200 or 250. Any answer would be greatly appreciated. http://www.weldingweb.com/images/smilies/help.gif

We have been honest. We decided to add some extra functionality, and it takes time to test and make sure things are right. When it is completed, we will announce it here. We want to bring it to everyone, but it takes time and a whole lot of coordination.
    Welders:
    Esab Migmaster 250
    HF Plasma 30 (Italian)
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Lincoln SA200
    Everlast PowerUltra 205

Sorry Lugweld. Maybe "honest" was a poor choice of words. What I wanted was for someone to give some type of time frame like within 3, 6, 9 months or whenever. Someone must have some idea even, if its off by a month or so in the end. I feel you have a lot of people waiting for this same information. Also, if what I have read so far is what the EXT will be like and the price is right, you will have a real winner. By the way, thanks for the fast response.
    Last edited by cwlewis123; 03-22-2011 at 02:01 AM.

Any updates. Price, pictures, new features? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVERLAST View Post
    For 2011, we are introducing our line of all new PowerTig EX-T series of digital AC/DC Pulse welders. This unit has been developed with joint technical development and input from S. Korea. As we began thinking about new product lines after the spring introduction and success of the PowerTig line in 2009, we began a sincere effort to offer a line of units with even higher technical capability and function. Along with our thinking was a simplified design with plug and play ability of parts for quick and economical service. This is the result of our efforts.

Production and delivery is scheduled to begin early next year with models ranging from 250, 315, and even up to 400 amps will eventually be produced. For a digital welder, the controls are simple and intuitive to use. Graphical representation of each function is represented that
    makes setting the correct function quick and easy. Improvements in
    design and function will be apparent over our current series, with AC bias control which will allow individual setting of the + and - half cycle of the AC current. Combined with pulse, this is an excellent feature for controlling heat input, tungsten shape and cleaning width on Aluminum. Advanced wave form control with varying AC wave form will be available as well to adjust arc characteristics as well while welding
    aluminum. Improved stick welding ability improves 6010 performance
    over the current EX series. Duty cycle will be a full 60% at 250 amps and 315 amps. Water cooler lines exit the front for convenient hook up. New and improved torches and accessories will be offered.

Pictured is our pre-production model that will be at Fabtech in Atlanta.

But for the current PowerTig fans and customers, don't worry, the current series is here to stay. You may see a few spill over improvements in the current line later down the road, but we want to improve our offerings in the higher end product line.
    I do not like the control panel on this machine at all. They ruined it as far as I am concerned. I like the model that has knobs. This one looks like my kitchen microwave oven.
    AWS certified welding inspector
    AWS certified welder

Quote Originally Posted by joe6 View Post
    Any updates. Price, pictures, new features? Thanks
    joe6

units in production

should be in stock in 7 weeks