AHP Owners/Users Thread. No Trolling unless you have used/own one! - Page 111
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111
Results 2,751 to 2,763 of 2763

Re: AHP Owners/Users Thread. No Trolling unless you have used/own one!

maybe in your area but ups delivers to me on saturday all the time, maybe its because i have ups my choice i dunno

i just rescheduled it to be delivered on tuesday

Good for you. I have a business and a UPS account but UPS won't deliver to me on Saturday, because my address is listed as residential.
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Repair
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's.

maybe its some deal they have with amazon actually because i think the only stuff i ever get on saturdays is stuff i ordered there... but thats like nearly every saturday lol

Does anybody know what spool gun will work with the AlphaMig 250? I own one of those apparently elusive beasts and we need one for a project.

Also, I seem to have a broken voltage display on my AlphaTig 200X. I sent an RMA repair request to AHP a month ago (bought it direct from them on Amazon) and still have not heard word one back.
    Welder still welds, but no clue how much voltage.
    The Pump Man
    Mobile Pump Systems and Fabrication.
    www.cleaningpumps.com
    Bellingham, WA

Call the tech support phone number. This spoolgun should work as the rights to the AHP250 were transferred to Eastwood. https://www.eastwood.com/mig-spool-g...connector.html
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; ESAB 875 plasma;Evo 355. OA

I have a 2017 AHP Alphatig 200x

This has happened once before, but it fixed itself.

I did some stick welding and put everything back to TIG. I put the switch to TIG mode, pedal on negative, torch on positive and on DC.

When I turn on the unit, it shows on the LCD display the amps from when I was using the stick. It should be 000 until I press on the pedal. I tried turning on and off and still the same. I tried tig welding and it melted the tungsten tip almost instantly.

I though he torch was on the - side?!
    From the desk of Kevin Caron
    Trying to be the best me I can!
    www.kevincaron.com

AHP Alpha Tig 200x
    MillerMatic 251
    Miller Syncrowave 200

Ah, yeah, that was my mistake. It's still showing the max amps, though. But I can live with that.It's not like I'm looking at the LCD display while I'm welding anyway.

Is their a preferred stubby
    gas lens kit for the wp 17 torch that comes with the ahp tig?

Quote Originally Posted by dew343 View Post
    Is their a preferred stubby
    gas lens kit for the wp 17 torch that comes with the ahp tig?
    I have bought the CK kit from Jody at weldingtipsandtricks.com. Quality parts and you help support his videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by davezelonis View Post
    I have bought the CK kit from Jody at weldingtipsandtricks.com. Quality parts and you help support his videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    X2 !!

I also bought the clear furick #8 cup kit from him to use -both solid and work well with the WP17 torch

Thanks for the reply's and info ! I will look into the kit from jody

Well... 0
    Been looking at buying my own TIG for use at home and to fix the aluminum prop that always seems to find that odd rock when loading up on the trailer.
    Took me 4 days to read through all this and WOW this thread is a wealth of info

What I took away from it all is that the pedal compared to the rest of the units on the market is a funny one and not the best.
    What I don't see is anyone trying to retrofit a Lincoln K870 pedal ( which is a 10K pot as well ) which can be most likely easily made to work by robbing the connector from the factory pedal or create a cheater cable ( use the AHP cable on 1 end and the lincoln connector on the other end ) allowing the lincoln pedal to be pretty much plug and play. Not to mention the pedal is readily available ( new as well as refurbished ) and has support from all major welding supply stores.

I've already ordered a bunch of consumables off amazon ( Kit 1, Kit 2, Kit 3 and Kit 4). I already have a 1/8 and 3/32 2% Thoriated Electrodes which for aluminum and stainless is all that I need really...

I also purchased a torch from CK (CK225) and will be working on making my own watercooler for it as i have an older tool box that i will be converting into my welding cart / station. Plan is to put the welder off the narrow side and pull the drawers and make a trim piece / pedestral to cover up the hole. On the side I'm planing to cut the panel out and use a furnace filter to allow the flow of fresh air in without the dust and rest of the fun stuff of a small garage. This is also where i will be hidding the large puller fan ( 14" or 16" ) that will be forcing positive cool air through out the whole "enclosure" supplying filtered air to both the welder and the heat exhanger. There is about 4" of space between the closed drawers at the back and is a perfect place to hide the heat exchanger for the torch. By loosing the large drawer down bottom I can easily fit a pump and a reservoir in place of it. The radiator I haven't decided yet what I'm going to use, but its either going to be a A/C Condenser or Transmission cooler as they have plenty of flow and they are readily available for cheap in most wreckers and already set up for a even flow pattern.
    The real reason for going to the watercooled torch is the smaller size makes it easy to get into tight spots like fabricating headers / manifolds.

Now if only Amazon can hurry their *** up and deliver that welder so i can start making some sparks