Millermatic 35 amd Spoolmate 3035
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Millermatic 35 amd Spoolmate 3035

Hello,

I don't need to weld aluminum but I want to learn. I definitely need to weld stainless steel.

I currently have a millermatic 35 white face welder with the spot welder panel (model SKP35). I will be getting a spoolmate 3035. I believe I also need the control box SGA-100 #043856.

Is this machine worth the expense of 500.00 to set this up to weld aluminum and stainless and if so, is there anything else that I will need to weld aluminum and stainless? I currently have a argon/co2 tank. Maybe the purchase of a trimix tank?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

banshee

Re: Millermatic 35 amd Spoolmate 3035

To do alum, you will need 100% argon. You will either need to get another cylinder, or swap your current one for an argon one. I belive mix for stainless will depend on what stainless you are doing and what the requirements are as far as corrosion resistance.

No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!

Ronald Reagan

You don't need a spool gun to weld stainless. Put the wire in the machine and use the regular mig gun.

Use tri-mix gas for stainless.

Use 100% argon for aluminum.

Use 100% co2, or argon/co2 mix gas for steel.

I'm not sure the spool gun you have chosen is the right one for that machine or not. I have heard of folks using Spoolmatic 1 or Spoolmatic 3 guns on the old Miller Matic 35's. Might want to send a PM to Duaneb55. He knows the ins and outs of the old MM35's and what spool guns they work with.
    MM350P/Python/Q300
    MM175/Q300
    DialarcHF

HTP MIG200
    PowCon300SM

Hypertherm380
    ThermalArc185
    Purox oa
    F350CrewCab4x4
    LoadNGo utilitybed
    Bobcat250
    XMT304/Optima/Spoolmatic
    Suitcase12RC/Q300
    Suitcase8RC/Q400
    Passport/Q300

Smith op

Thanks for the info DSW. I will have to first pickup another tank for the tri-mix and then another one for the Aluminum at another time.

Thanks to DesertRider33 for his info also. I came across the Miller spool gun hookup chart. On the first line of the chart it lists the MM35 uses spoolmate 185 with control box SGA-100 #043856. I also read that the spoolmate 185 is the same as the spoolmate 3035 gun. I may be wrong but that is what I read on the net.

I have a chance of getting a new spoolmate 3035 for a reasonable price.

I did talk to Duane55 in the beginning of the year and he informed me that I could install the spoolmate 3 onto this machine with a little electronics tweak. He was nice enough to send me the info on how to do it, just haven't had the time to investigate it yet but I will. I haven't been able to find a spoolmatic 3 yet.

Thanks again...