Hi-Freq box
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: Hi-Freq box

Question Hi-Freq box

I want to learn how to tig, and dug out this old freq box that came with a weldnpower, Knowing nothing about tig, but what Ive read here I thought Id see if it wouild fire up,..yup the light comes on, but nothing happened when I pushed the thumb button, until I shorted the wires across the bad thumb switch, and there waz a little light show between two adjustable contacts, dont remember what their called, and the gas silinoid clicks, so iam thinkin thats a good thing, The question I have is whats the extra box hard wired in, it looks like an add on, look at the wire nuts in the big box, and the hardwear romex clamp where it enters the box,.. Iam hoping it the optional ampthonal, part that i read about somewere, but no other receptical for such control, also Ive read that I need some sort of protection on my engine drive so I dont get feed back and fry a circut board, ?? I guess its possable its already been added, what do I look for on the welder,? Ive got two of the weldenpower 225s one has the cv tap and one dosent, Does any one have a sugestion as to what the xtra box is for, OH yea code is 8326 Thanks Eric
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: Hi-Freq box

You looking to part with it? If so, I'm interested.
    Jason
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 stick/tig
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Torchmate CNC table
    I.A.M. Local 771
    Ironworkers Local 720

Owner/Operator Devlin Metal Works
    Custom CNC Plasma Cutting and Welding

Go to Lincoln electric .com and down load the IM manual and read the whole thing. There are a lot of cautions on how to no damage other equipment. Does the other box have any numbers on it.
    If so you can call Lincoln and ask them for the correct set up.

snoeproe, Its not for sale, until I learn how to tig or give up

ccawgc, Yea I read that manual cover 2 cover, ok, not the saftey stuf, I cant find the xtra box like mine has, I talks about the optional ampthional control, But I couldnt find any pics of this setup, and theres no connection port, Iam probably missing somthing, thats why I posted pics, so maybe sombody could tell me what i got, Thanks for the help, Eric

You can still TIG without the HI-Freq with this setup:

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=38106

Thanks for the responce farmall, Ive read that article before, I dont have a job to do right now, Iam just wanting to learn the skill, Iam hoping that this setup I have will work, and, I need to be able to tig aluminum, Ive got a spool gun and its ok on 1/8 in but I need to do thinner stuff, Thanks Eric

ANY body out ther in lioncoln land have an answer to the xtra box on this HI FREQ UNIT??? Thanks for any help, Eric