miller regency 250 opinions
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

miller regency 250 opinions

hello welding web! this site has been a great resource to me already just lurking around so i figured i should join.

anywho i was hoping you guys could help me with my regency 250. its just a power supply and has been sitting around my house for probably 10 years lol. i want to use it as a general purpose mig for whatever projects i got going on at the house. so i went online and looked at wire feeders and dear god there expensive(around 1000) and thats without the gun and leads! id be better off buying a knew welder it seems at that price. i was thinking maybe a spool gun setup would work but i would still need a controller right?

so my question to you guys is if it were your welder what would you do with it?
    doesnt need to be anything fancy as i have access to any welder i could ever need between work and school. just trying to get it running on the cheap. thanks in advance!

Re: miller regency 250 opinions

Feeders a grand? HUH?

No way. Maybe brand new at retail. There's lots of very nice used wire feeders compatible with that machine for under $500 if you look around in very nice shape.

I have completely refurbished & warrantied 60 Series Miller feeders starting at $500.

I could prolly get you in a bare bones 50 series for under $400. Guns are a dime a dozen on ebay. New ones for $120 shipped.

I would keep it, not too big a deal to get a feeder for it.

Good luck on it.
    Specializing In The Repair And Restoration
    Of Miller Maxtron 450 Inverters

DynaSteve

thanks man guess i didnt look hard enough lol. one more question which wire feeders are compatible with it? all miller feeders will work i assume? would somthing like this work?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/MILLER-S-52E-MIG...item1c17d977ed

Yeah, that will work, but it's pretty rough for $250.

I wouldn't pay $150 for it.

Just about any 24 or 115 volt feeder will run on it. 50 Series machines will require a 14 pin connector cord.

Feeders like 50 Series, 22A, 60 Series, even 30 & 10 Series. Do some looking around if you want something cheap.

If you want a perfect, hassle free machine, let me know.
    Specializing In The Repair And Restoration
    Of Miller Maxtron 450 Inverters

DynaSteve

i have used both regency 200's and 250's. they are good powersupplies for both steel and aluminum. my 200 had a spoolmatic 3, and my boss has a 250 with a wc24 and a 3035 if i remember correctly. if i were you i would buy from someone like 7a749 or weldersales for a good price rather than chance a smoking good deal an a feeder that has lost some of it's magical interior smoke.
    Dynasty 200DX
    Passport plus w/ spoolmate 100
    victor 315c oxy/(act and prop)
    Miller digital elite
    milwaukee power tools

FWIW- I just picked one up for $850 with the 30A spoolgun, WC24 controller and a cart. Not really a "smokin" deal, but reasonable enough. The quick little tutorial the cat gave me was priceless, tho'. All the research I did on it showed it to be a solid, well thought of machine that's fairly bullet-proof.
    So I figured it was good a place ta start as any. YMMV.. d:^) Schneeks..
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    MIllermatic 211 w/Spoolgun
    Miller Trailblazer 302/Super S-32P
    Hobart Stickmate LX
    Hypertherm 1000 Plasma
    (Yeah, the noob's been shopping.)
    Communicate & adapt, diggit.?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Just an FYI, I just pucked up a 2001 R-115 (miller) wire feeder for $75

So the deals are there, just keep watching Craigslist and ebay
    or if your in a hurry , as someone suggested , 7A and weldersales