Any Welding Helmets made in USA anymore???
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Any Welding Helmets made in USA anymore???

I'm looking to buy my dad a new welding helmet. We stick weld and the one we have is old and cheap, from HF I think.

Who produces non-China/Taiwan/Korea made helmets? I'd like to stay away from sweatshop made products, especially China. Who makes USA made and assembled welding helmets anymore? Of course, Canada/Japan/Euro made helmets would be fine too.

thanks

I have an Optrel Mira Plus-- Made in Switzerland.

So far works well for me: shade 10 or 11 autodarken with mig and tig and stick. No batteries, just "solar" (arc) operated. I have had it since June '05, taking classes at local community college and some mig at home.

I got it as a "special" to students for $100. The outer cover shields cost about $18 for a package of 6 (so far I have only splattered one ).

im pretty sure that i read that jackson is american made

Jackson is the only choice for an American made auto dark hood.
    Dennis

Thermal Arc 185-TSW
    Millermatic Challenger 172
    VictorO/A
    Atlas Craftsman 12 by 24 Lathe
    Esab PCM-875
    Wholesalem Tool Mill-Drill

Jackson is my favorite and first choice
    IF it Catches...Let it Burn

Thanks guys!

This is the Jackson site I found.
    http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/jack...g-helmets.html

Obviously I'm kind of new to welding, can you guys recommend a Jackson auto-darkening helmet for the occasional stick welder?

sail2u: Does your student discount work will all automotive class students at your school or just those in welding/body work style classes?

I've alway's prefered and used Huntsman hoods. Pretty sure they are made is USA

I have a Jackson Professional ( At least some things PROFESSIONAL with my welding ). I used to have the Journeyman but traded it in to get the dual sensors and adjustable shade. It also has a larger window.
    Dennis

Thermal Arc 185-TSW
    Millermatic Challenger 172
    VictorO/A
    Atlas Craftsman 12 by 24 Lathe
    Esab PCM-875
    Wholesalem Tool Mill-Drill

Thanks guys.

I ordered the Jackson HS1 EQC Apprentice Shade 11 Welding Helmet
    http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/3002516.html

I usually don't buy so quickly learning about the company but this is a gift to my dad and I'm cutting it really close...

This is a cool forum, I'll probably become active here after I learn more about welding.

That is a nice thought but if you become an active member now you might develop into a better welder quicker. A lot of knowledge floats about here.

Quote Originally Posted by dstt
    This is a cool forum, I'll probably become active here after I learn more about welding.

I'll probably lurk but I don't really become active (posting) unless I know the subject.

I use fibre-metal - Fibre-metal.com as my primary welding helmet USA made and also carry resporators also for welding applications and also use HTP-WCG auto darkening helmet

When i started welding i bought a Miller Big Window Elite and at first it was awesome and then i got to try a jackson NexGen and i loved it so i sold the miller and got me a NexGen and i have no regrets...I've never had a better auto-dark helmet but i have put in a huntsmen b/c i am a pipe welder...hope this helps

im a silver member..you should join so we can chat and build my rating up more Maybe Ill hit gold member status or sometjhing lol
    IF it Catches...Let it Burn