thermal arc ???
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: thermal arc ???

thermal arc ???

when i worked for cti they had all themal arc tig welders
    on the front of the machine it said New Hampshire but on the
    back said made in japan where are they made

Re: thermal arc ???

i was told by a Sanrex employee in NY. the main headquarters is Sanrex mfg. in japan.. but the welders are now made in Taiwan.

if you do a search for Sansha Electric you will find a power supply brochure that shows all the welders made by Sanrex, this brochure is in chinese.. Sansha is also a name of a town in Taiwan..

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

Ed,
    You won't like this, but they are made in Japan, and China, and Malaysia. Nothing is made in the US with their company. In fact a good bit of their line is made in China now.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

http://www.sansha.co.jp/official/eng...wer/index.html

go down towards the bottom of the page under the heading Welder Machine... also note the brochure is in chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    Ed,
    You won't like this, but they are made in Japan, and China, and Malaysia. Nothing is made in the US with their company. In fact a good bit of their line is made in China now.
    A lot is made in Germany too.
    Esab 1600 Powercut
    Esab 2200i-TA34
    Lincoln LN-25 Pro
    Thermal Pee-Wee 85s
    Tweco 141i
    Shopmate 300 /Lincoln LF-72
    Victor A-120

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong!

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

Glad you reminded me. I think its austria, but its only a few. Their new lines are primarily Chinese. The plasmas are Korean.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

My ta300 ac/ dc is made in japan. Customer support is NH
    G

Many are made in Germany by Lorch . The smaller tapped migs are made in Malaysia, and pretty much the rest are German. Like these..
    http://www.scottgrossstore.com/servl...ers/Categories
    Esab 1600 Powercut
    Esab 2200i-TA34
    Lincoln LN-25 Pro
    Thermal Pee-Wee 85s
    Tweco 141i
    Victor A-120

My 200 is from Japan and customer support is about 1/2HR drive....in traffic
    Kemppi Pro Evolution 4200
    Kemppi 530 wire feed with MXE panel
    Cigweld TransTig 200 AC/DC
    Hypertherm PowerMax45
    CutSkill O/A setup
    Speedglas 9000x adflow
    Speedglas 9100xx
    2 Labs

All at home!

All the repairs beyond the most basic go back to Sanrex in New York.

Quote Originally Posted by Supe View Post
    All the repairs beyond the most basic go back to Sanrex in New York.
    The Sanrex USA employee told me if i ever need repair service call Sanrex in NY directly..

He also told me Sanrex might start selling Sanrex welders in the USA soon, since an investment group Irving Place Capital has bought Thermaldyne it could void the contract between Thermaldyne and Sanrex. This would allow Sanrex to sell their welding machines in the USA under the Sanrex name. Hopefully without the Thermaldyne markup...

My 185tsw is made in japan, my fabricator 210 is made in malaysia, my new 161stl is made in china. I have had all of them apart and they are very well made and assembled with great detail. Not always the country they are made makes a difference. Compared to my miller 252 the fabricator 210 is a heavier machine with more steel in it for sure. Not saying it will outlast it but you never hear of anything really going wrong with the thermal arc stuff. The new chinese companies are trying to produce a cheap machine so they are using cheap labor where as thermal arc has had top notch industrial stuff for many years and now sources some stuff to quality places around the world I guess.
    Millermatic 252
    Lincoln 175 plus
    TA 185tsw
    TA 161stl
    hypertherm pmax 45
    Victor torch
    Henrob torch
    An S10 for each day of the week

Quote Originally Posted by S obsessed View Post
    My 185tsw is made in japan, my fabricator 210 is made in malaysia, my new 161stl is made in china. I have had all of them apart and they are very well made and assembled with great detail. Not always the country they are made makes a difference. Compared to my miller 252 the fabricator 210 is a heavier machine with more steel in it for sure. Not saying it will outlast it but you never hear of anything really going wrong with the thermal arc stuff. The new chinese companies are trying to produce a cheap machine so they are using cheap labor where as thermal arc has had top notch industrial stuff for many years and now sources some stuff to quality places around the world I guess.
    How do you like the characteristics of the thermal arc fabricator 210 compared to the miller 252?

How do you like the characteristics of the thermal arc fabricator 210 compared to the miller 252?
    X2 I would be very interested in this comparision as well. I have a TA185 & TA 300 & as much as I hate to say it, like them much better than the Miller Dynasty I use at work.

The thermal arc is an obviously more basic machine but only cause it doesn't have digital controls and the pre and post flow gas control or run in. The thermal arc burns wire just like a lincoln where it has a stiffer arc which many prefer. The miller is much softer which is what I have come to love. I bought a miller 211 a while back and started mig welding again after not doing much with it for many years and with that I burned alot of wire and ended up getting used to the soft arc so the thermal arc ended up not feeling right to me even though it did an excellent job. The thermal arc being a tapped machine worried me at first but there is so much available adjustment that you are never "inbetween" settings. The thermal arc also uses more actual steel where as the miller seems flimsy but still sound. The 210 has plenty of power and with .035 I can not tell a difference between the two machines even on spray arc as far as power goes even though the miller is rated with 50 more amps. I just sold the thermal arc and the two reasons I got rid of the thermal arc was cause I missed the softer arc of the miller and also I jump around on thicknesses within the same weldment and the digital display of miller helps get me back to my settings where as the thermal arc wire speed control is extremely touchy so you have to fiddle a bit if you want the perfect set each time. I am really picky though so its probably just me. Its been a long time since I have tigged with another brand but I have never been let down by any of my thermal arc stuff.
    Millermatic 252
    Lincoln 175 plus
    TA 185tsw
    TA 161stl
    hypertherm pmax 45
    Victor torch
    Henrob torch
    An S10 for each day of the week

My Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 52 plasma has a Made In USA decal on the top of the case, and another Made In USA tag on the back of the machine.
    Jason
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 stick/tig
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Miller Bluestar 2E
    Torchmate CNC table
    Ironworkers Local 720

Owner/Operator Devlin Metal Works
    Custom CNC Plasma Cutting and Welding

Quote Originally Posted by snoeproe View Post
    My Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 52 plasma has a Made In USA decal on the top of the case, and another Made In USA tag on the back of the machine.
    Same here. Made in USA

It was new off the shelf, but I wonder how old the stock was. Hate to think the things are made overseas now

I have the little baby stick welder on the way (free with plasma machine purchase), I'll be interested to see where it was made
    "Any day above ground is a good day"

Gee Samm the sticker was properly made in the USA and the plasma machine made in China
    Co-Own CNC shop:Miller :1251 plasma cutter, MaxStar 700 TIG/Stick, & XMT 456 Multiprocess Welder.& 2 Hypertherm HPR260's Plasma Cutter

Sorry I had a bad stroke but now I am back.

(check out the video)

http://www.weldfabulous.com/Plasma-C...FQO8KgodT2fEIg

How about Truth #7?????????????? WHERE'S THE STUPID THING MADE?????

Guess if ya ever need to cut a hole in a space station, it's the tool for the job
    "Any day above ground is a good day"

Sam,
    in China. (your free welder)
    It's not in a HF type of factory though. Testing on these things was quite the work out. I am sure they will be as reliable as anything Sanrex made. More then likely it will be even more so.. (TA-85) anyway.

Your plasma was made in USA, and the torch was made in Mexico. I happen to like the Korean models too. The built in air models.
    Last edited by Brand X; 01-20-2011 at 03:25 PM.
    Esab 1600 Powercut
    Esab 2200i-TA34
    Lincoln LN-25 Pro
    Thermal Pee-Wee 85s
    Tweco 141i
    Victor A-120

HI IM NEW.... need some help to find parts for Thermal Arc 10000 Pro welder/generatos...I just picked it up works great... needs few panel switches...CC/CV switch #11-3809.. Decals?outlet covers? Any help would be great...Thanks ED
    THERMAL ARC RAIDER 10000 PRO
    HOBART AIR FORCE 250A
    MAC WS1300
    LINCOLN 225 BUZZ BOX
    MILLER CP-200 MIG

Quote Originally Posted by MECH1340 View Post
    HI IM NEW.... need some help to find parts for Thermal Arc 10000 Pro welder/generatos...I just picked it up works great... needs few panel switches...CC/CV switch #11-3809.. Decals?outlet covers? Any help would be great...Thanks ED

check out http://thermadyne.com/thermadyne-us.html

I have the TA200 AC/DC
    the 251 fabricator
    the cutmaster 102
    cant beat them for the price and maybe not beat them at all
    where is toyota made where is nissan made, in America with more American parts than Ford and Chevy
    just because you buy American does not mean anything anymore
    Last edited by g-man; 07-19-2011 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    Sam,
    in China. (your free welder)
    It's not in a HF type of factory though. Testing on these things was quite the work out. I am sure they will be as reliable as anything Sanrex made. More then likely it will be even more so.. (TA-85) anyway.

Your plasma was made in USA, and the torch was made in Mexico. I happen to like the Korean models too. The built in air models.

i was told the same thing by the sanrex employee i talked to on the phone.. he said he went on a tour of the new manufacturing facility in taiwan... he said it was considered a "clean" facility, hair bonnets and booties on the shoes and lab coats... he said it was a very technologically advanced manufacturing facility.