questions about plasma cam
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

questions about plasma cam

I have a powermax1250 hooked up to a plasmacam,recently while cutting the machine will move over and pierce hole . However when it starts to move it does not cut through piece.At first it just did it now and then but now it pierces hole but never cuts through.I have taken powerrmax off plasmacam,and used torch manually and it cuts fine.I have also changed my consumables but cannot get it to cut at all when hooked up to plasmacam....any suggestions????

Re: questions about plasma cam

You need to direct your question where it will be answered mate.
    Maybe go to the PlasmaCAM Owners Group or, PIGIFO Yahoo group.

I will say however, check your earth.
    CIG 320SP pulse mig
    Mitech ACDC315P
    Samson 510 CNC plasma table
    Hypertherm 85
    Etc, etc.

"You don't stop laughing when you get old....You get old when you stop laughing".

LoL!!!!!

I have that same exact setup, sans DHC.

So what you are saying is it will not pierce? Because that is what you have to do before cutting starts. Check you amps, pierce time, cut distance, and cut speed and report back.
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    Miller Dynasty700DX, Dynasty350DX 2ea., Dynasty200DX, ThermalArc 400 GTSW, LincolnSW200 2ea., MillerMatic350P, MillerMatic200 with spoolgun, MKCobraMig260, Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm 1250

-Could be a disconnected or poorly connected work cable. Try connecting directly to the material.
    -Torch could be too high off the material.....double check cut charts in operators manual and settings for pierce height and cut height.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Quote Originally Posted by regi245550@gmail.com View Post
    I have a powermax1250 hooked up to a plasmacam,recently while cutting the machine will move over and pierce hole . However when it starts to move it does not cut through piece.At first it just did it now and then but now it pierces hole but never cuts through.I have taken powerrmax off plasmacam,and used torch manually and it cuts fine.I have also changed my consumables but cannot get it to cut at all when hooked up to plasmacam....any suggestions????