The daddywagon - Page 6
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The daddywagon

Re: The daddywagon

Quote Originally Posted by noJuan View Post
    if anybody ever tells you to get rid of it cut that person out of your life you don't need that kind of negativity
    Agreed! Haha! I did a powerslide today. Left hand turn and I hung the back end out all the way to the right. It snapped left then right and finally grabbed. I’m pretty much beating the poop out of it as of late. I need some self control.

nelzweldz

Quote Originally Posted by nelzweldz View Post
    . . . I need some self control.
    Wrong! - you need more suspension candy . . .

Opus

My first car with plates on it was a 62 Comet with a POS 170 6. If it hadn't been a 4 door I always wanted to put a v-8 in one. If I was going to do it today I would take a long hard look at the GT-40 motor... basically an all aluminum 302. I haven't done the research to see how many fitment issues there would be, but I think someone (maybe Ford Performance?) had a kit to drop it in the fox body Mustang so it should be an easy fit for yours as well. I think with the reduced weight, that 5 speed and 340 hp out of the box, it would be a great handling street motor for you. Haven't looked lately, but the US prices looked very reasonable a couple years back. It might be worth looking into before you spend a bunch of cash on your current motors. Nice rig.... I like it.
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A

Coyote motor, 5 litre, about 400 hp, naturally aspirated on regular gas. With a supercharger, about 700hp.
    Last edited by Xsbank; 12-07-2017 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Stupid spell correct

Quote Originally Posted by whtbaron View Post
    My first car with plates on it was a 62 Comet with a POS 170 6. If it hadn't been a 4 door I always wanted to put a v-8 in one. If I was going to do it today I would take a long hard look at the GT-40 motor... basically an all aluminum 302. I haven't done the research to see how many fitment issues there would be, but I think someone (maybe Ford Performance?) had a kit to drop it in the fox body Mustang so it should be an easy fit for yours as well. I think with the reduced weight, that 5 speed and 340 hp out of the box, it would be a great handling street motor for you. Haven't looked lately, but the US prices looked very reasonable a couple years back. It might be worth looking into before you spend a bunch of cash on your current motors. Nice rig.... I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsbank View Post
    Coyote motor, 5 litre, about 400 hp, naturally aspirated on regular gas. With a supercharger, about 700hp.
    Both excellent choices. With all that I’ve spent I guess either would’ve been doable. But I have already spent the money on the stuff I have. And so it goes that a 351w will be the next powerplant. The smoke and fumes of the current engine must be dealt with at this point. What better way to accomplish this than to seal up a 351w properly and install it in the wagon while simultaneously installing catalytic convertors.

It’s snowing a little.

Nice where u from?

Quote Originally Posted by motolife313 View Post
    Nice where u from?
    Levittown, Pa.

Wow... you've got more snow than I do up on the Cdn. prairies...
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A

Quote Originally Posted by whtbaron View Post
    Wow... you've got more snow than I do up on the Cdn. prairies...
    Haha! I find that hard to believe... but if you say so! I hear there is a slight possibility for snow around here on Christmas Eve. That would be awesome. I haven’t seen a white Christmas in a while.

I am gonna need the 351w if I plan to beat my coworker.

Or 460

427 sohc the blue oval holy grail even if you don't win you'd have the coolest mill in the race

pat h

Quote Originally Posted by pat h View Post
    427 sohc the blue oval holy grail even if you don't win
    you'd have the coolest mill in the race
    When you find a barn full of those - call me collect . . .

Opus

Ford was definitely the one upper
    Attached Images Attached Images   

My friend says a Cleveland head flows a lot better and has canted valves. But Windsor taller block

Quote Originally Posted by motolife313 View Post
    My friend says a Cleveland head flows a lot better and has canted valves. But Windsor taller block
    Yeah! Haha! A guy at work keeps saying “clevor!” So many guys and gals chasing numbers. I can make more if I do this or that. The Daddywagon goal is mild daily. The 351 is just a taller deck 302 which makes it simpler. I am not trying to complicate things just yet.