I use Motorkote - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I use Motorkote

Re: I use Motorkote

Quote Originally Posted by tackit View Post

Monica I would guess MotorKote's competitors own lab technician's have already analyzed MotorKote to show the buying public MotorKote's claims are bogus, but all additive companies I'm sure have patented secret ingredients, amounts and mixtures in their formulas they won't make public. To do so would be on par with a person posting his name, credit card and bank account numbers on the Internet for the whole world to see..

Doesn't take a competitor of Motorkote to analyze it. You send it in. Send me a sample and I'll send it in. I send in my used oil after changes to keep tabs on the motor. Costs $25 from Blackstone and anyone can do it. There's a number of labs to send in samples to.

No doubt every company has proprietary information they won't release to the public. Anyone know KFCs secret recipe?

I don't use an "oil additive". I just run the oil spec'd for my engine @ the recommended maintenance intervals. If the engine goes south at least have a leg to stand on when we're looking at repair options with Cummins. I'm generally skeptical of claims like the one in the OP. They're just not for me. I'd prefer to run the course on par than gamble money and hope for returns.
    Last edited by Monica; 06-20-2011 at 01:16 PM.
    Lincoln AC225 and Cart
    Lincoln WeldPak HD and Cart
    One hand

I called Blackstone and talked to a very nice person there by the name of Andy. He says they can analize Motorkote and tell me what's in it but to prove or disprove a products claim's it still would take running a few sample vehicles that never had Motorkote in them for a period of time to see if an additive did provide any real benefits.

He's sending me a test bottle.

Thumbs up Re: I use Motorkote

I called Blackstone and talked to a very nice person there by the name of Andy. He says they can analize Motorkote and tell me what's in it but to prove or disprove a products claims it still would take running a few sample vehicles that never had Motorkote in them for a period of time to see if an additive did provide any real benefits.

He's sending me a test bottle.

Excellent. Looking forward to seeing your results. It'll take about 6wks to get sample results back. Just when you start to get impatient and wonder if the sample got lost in the mail, wait another week or two longer. Then you'll get an email and paper copy in the mail.
    Lincoln AC225 and Cart
    Lincoln WeldPak HD and Cart
    One hand

Quote Originally Posted by Monica View Post
    Excellent. Looking forward to seeing your results. It'll take about 6wks to get sample results back. Just when you start to get impatient and wonder if the sample got lost in the mail, wait another week or two longer. Then you'll get an email and paper copy in the mail.
    Thanks Monica for the time it takes to get the results back info, I'll post the results when I get them. It will be worth it to me to pay $25 to see if Motorkote uses mostly the same additives oil companies put in their oil.

tackit, please explain why every engine manufacturer in the world would not recommend, no, require the use of this magic elixir in their engines. To do so would cause a drastic drop in warranty work with nothing more than an investment in printing a sentence or two that failure to use said magic elixir would invalidate manufacturers warranty. No money on research and development etc.. A no brainer!
    "The man of great wealth owes a peculiar obligation to the State, because he derives special advantages from the mere existence of government." Teddy Roosevelt

American by birth, Union by choice! Boilermakers # 60

America is a Union.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the Welder View Post
    tackit, please explain why every engine manufacturer in the world would not recommend, no, require the use of this magic elixir in their engines. To do so would cause a drastic drop in warranty work with nothing more than an investment in printing a sentence or two that failure to use said magic elixir would invalidate manufacturers warranty. No money on research and development etc.. A no brainer!
    Who knows for sure? Perhaps manufacturers being interested in saving pennies per unit feel today's oil is good enough to get them past their warranty period..... or maybe they don't wish to use a product that will prolong a vehicles life.

By tackit;

Who knows for sure? Perhaps manufacturers being interested in saving pennies per unit feel today's oil is good enough to get them past their warranty period..... or maybe they don't wish to use a product that will prolong a vehicles life.
    Or maybe, just maybe, they realize that this is just another trumped up, over-hyped, rebranded version of snake oil!
    "The man of great wealth owes a peculiar obligation to the State, because he derives special advantages from the mere existence of government." Teddy Roosevelt

American by birth, Union by choice! Boilermakers # 60

America is a Union.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the Welder View Post
    By tackit;

Or maybe, just maybe, they realize that this is just another trumped up, over-hyped, rebranded version of snake oil!
    Or maybe it's about choices and how folks wish to spend their own money. "you throws down your money and you takes your chances." it's always been that way.

IMO, just more snake oil..
    'Oil additives' are not recommended by any manufacturer (Auto or Oil) because they are not necessary, & despite claims, usually do more damage than good .
    One example is; Engine oils produced by reputable companies include anti-foam qualities which are limited to the volume they are providing. Including any 'additive' to this volume dilutes it's anti-foaming abilities significantly with dire consequence (foam/air is not a good lubricant).
    'Slick 50' was notorious for causing premature engine failure for just this reason..

btw - those external bearing displays, where they put a lever against a bearing to demonstrate the 'slickness' of an additive, is quite frankly a joke.. & certainly not representative of any lubricating functions happening in even the simplest engine...
    Last edited by ASE_MasterTech; 06-20-2011 at 06:23 PM.
    -at the job-
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Miller Syncrowave 350
    MillerMatic 250
    Millermatic 350
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Lincoln AC225
    Miller Spectrum 625 Plasma
    -at home-
    Everlast PP256
    Longevity WeldAll 256PI
    'slow is smooth, smooth is fast'

Go ahead, put an additive in a PowerStroke or any HEUI diesel and see what happens...... It wont run, the oil turns to whipped cream and will not fire the injectors.
    Disclaimer; "I am just an a$$hole welder, don't take it personally ."

Quote Originally Posted by ASE_MasterTech View Post
    IMO, just more snake oil..
    'Oil additives' are not recommended by any manufacturer (Auto or Oil) because they are not necessary, & despite claims, usually do more damage than good .
    One example is; Engine oils produced by reputable companies include anti-foam qualities which are limited to the volume they are providing. Including any 'additive' to this volume dilutes it's anti-foaming abilities significantly with dire consequence (foam/air is not a good lubricant).
    'Slick 50' was notorious for causing premature engine failure for just this reason..

btw - those external bearing displays, where they put a lever against a bearing to demonstrate the 'slickness' of an additive, is quite frankly a joke.. & certainly not representative of any lubricating functions happening in even the simplest engine...
    By your account the intersate and toll roads would have thousands of pulled over semis on the side of the road. Thousands upon thousands of owner operators have been using MotorKote for years and swear by it... it's sold in truck stops for cripes sakes..

You would think an owner operator that uses Motorkote would know if he was getting ripped off.

Having spent a couple years way back when in a lube shop I have seen what goes into - and more importantly what comes out of passenger cars. A lot of folks change their own oil and get an idea of what shape their oil comes out in. We used to average 55-60 cars a day - thats a lot of old oil.
    No matter what additive you use or what oil you use you are still at the mercy of your filter. Particularly with older vehicles and the infamous 'breather filter' outside dust WILL make its way into your engine. Most modern oils can run almost indefinitely in lab conditions (this is coming from our penzoil rep who used nothing but valvoline) as long as there is no outside contamination. Most oils are made of refined petroleum with a few added chemicals to promote whatever the current buzzword is in car mags. The biggest difference I personally have seen is how much crap will come out WITH your oil when you drain it i.e. how much residue is left in the pan vs. clean draining.
    If you really want to know how great your oil is performing try this - flush your motor and pull the pan, scrub it. Go through 3-4 oil changes and pull your pan again, gut sludge?
    The only additive I use is in smaller engines that seldom get ran - I use Lucas (about half of what they reccomend) just to smooth up starts after the motor has sat long enough for the crankcase to dry out.
    You can make up your own mind, its whatever seems to work for you. I know a guy who carries a silver dollar in his wallet to keep from getting a hangover - not sure how it works but he swears by it and has never been late on a monday.
    When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives.

By your account the intersate and toll roads would have thousands of pulled over semis on the side of the road. Thousands upon thousands of owner operators have been using MotorKote for years and swear by it... it's sold in truck stops for cripes sakes..

You would think an owner operator that uses Motorkote would know if he was getting ripped off.
    Just because 'thousands upon thousands' of owner operators vouch for the effectiveness of something doesn't make it so. What exactly are they able to vouch for anyhow? That their engines are lasting longer?

"it's sold it truck stops for cripes sakes.."

It's sold in truck stops because people buy the stuff and truck stops are in the business of making money.
    ESAB Heliarc 252

Quote Originally Posted by BlauSchuh View Post
    It's sold in truck stops because people buy the stuff and truck stops are in the business of making money.
    That's right, if truckers didn't think Motorkote was a good business decision they wouldn't buy it and truck stops wouldn't make room for it on their limited shelf space.

How many years/miles do you have behind the wheel of a semi and maintaining your own rig? Or are you offering just another worthless unsubstantiated because you say so opinion?

I want to see proof, concrete evidence, something that can be substantiated to show Motorkote is not only a complete rip off but has ruined thousands of engines.

That's right, if truckers didn't think Motorkote was a good business decision they wouldn't buy it and truck stops wouldn't make room for it on their limited shelf space.

How many years/miles do you have behind the wheel of a semi and maintaining your own rig? Or are you offering just another worthless unsubstantiated because you say so opinion?

I want to see proof, concrete evidence, something that can be substantiated to show Motorkote is not only a complete rip off but has ruined thousands of engines.
    I have 0 miles behind the wheel of semi, which incidentally neither helps nor hinders my argument. It also doesn't matter that I've done somewhere in the neighborhood of 3000+ oil changes either, but I'll toss that out there anyhow.

The onus is on you to prove that something works. The fact is that you are making assertions as to the effectiveness of a product ... that you cannot prove works. Having a warm and fuzzy feeling isn't proof. You can 'truck' out as many folks as you want that claim something works and it doesn't mean jack squat. There are probably plenty of idiots out there that claim to this day that their 'tornado' increased their gas mileage.
    ESAB Heliarc 252

Wow, this thread is getting very entertaining. And much as the OP says he doesn’t sell Motorkote, he is defending them to the death. Sending out samples to a lab for testing? Really? For what, to sell some snake oil to people on an internet forum? Dude, who cares? If you use Motorkote, good for you. If you want to sh*t in your oil pan and use that, fine. Who cares? I use Mobil 1 in everything. That’s my choice. If you don’t like that, my feelings aren’t going to be hurt. To each his own. If you posted something like “Here’s the stuff I use. I like it, maybe you will too” fine. But don’t praise the stuff, and then get all pissed off when everyone thinks the stuff is a joke. Like to old saying goes, “opinions are like a**holes, everyone got one”. Just post you have a product you like so someone else can form their own opinion. Who knows, maybe they will agree, maybe not. Either way, it’s there choice. This stuff is just getting to sound too much like the Neverlast crap. Any who, that’s all. Rant done. Let the argument continue.

kidtigger24
    If it ain't broke, fix it anyway!

tackit,

you should send in used oil .. one sample using the motokote in an oil change and one sample without it and get it analyzed..

the results/analysis should show a certain amount of metals (bearing material) in the analysis relative to wear of mechanical parts.. would be interesting either way the analysis swayed..

guess you could just send in your regular used oil with the motokote stuff in it and compare it to other posted findings....

the analysis also will tell you if your getting excess or abnormal engine wear..

Have seen similar tests by schaffer lubes and others. How much wear similar to this are in an engine? If products like this do work I wouldnt expect auto makers to reccomend them they need to sell new cars. Why dont they put external filters on trannys? Improved cold weather starting I use mobil 1 full synthetic oil in my vehicles it makes a big difference. Good filters and frequent oil changes are the best secret to long engine life. I have sat through speals about similar products I raise my hand and ask if it will improve longevity and then tell them that we have 8 ag tractors with more than 10,000 hours and 1 with 20,000 original hrs. They change the topic. If someone uses it fine. I'll use what works for me.
    Millermatic 252
    millermatic 175
    miller 300 Thunderbolt
    lincoln ranger 250
    smith torches
    lots of bfh's
    If it dont fit get a bigger hammer

Quote Originally Posted by kidtigger24 View Post
    Wow, this thread is getting very entertaining. And much as the OP says he doesn’t sell Motorkote, he is defending them to the death. Sending out samples to a lab for testing? Really? For what, to sell some snake oil to people on an internet forum? Dude, who cares? If you use Motorkote, good for you. If you want to sh*t in your oil pan and use that, fine. Who cares? I use Mobil 1 in everything. That’s my choice. If you don’t like that, my feelings aren’t going to be hurt. To each his own. If you posted something like “Here’s the stuff I use. I like it, maybe you will too” fine. But don’t praise the stuff, and then get all pissed off when everyone thinks the stuff is a joke. Like to old saying goes, “opinions are like a**holes, everyone got one”. Just post you have a product you like so someone else can form their own opinion. Who knows, maybe they will agree, maybe not. Either way, it’s there choice. This stuff is just getting to sound too much like the Neverlast crap. Any who, that’s all. Rant done. Let the argument continue.

kidtigger24
    Did you by chance read the title of the thread " I USE MOTORKOTE" how do you get from that I'm telling eveyone they must use MotorKote?

Did you by chance read the title of the thread " I USE MOTORKOTE" how do you get from that I'm telling eveyone they must use MotorKote?
    How do you get from my post that I said that you said everyone must use it? I did no such thing.

kidtigger24
    If it ain't broke, fix it anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by kidtigger24 View Post
    How do you get from my post that I said that you said everyone must use it? I did no such thing.

kidtigger24
    "To each his own. If you posted something like “Here’s the stuff I use. I like it, maybe you will too” fine. But don’t praise the stuff, and then get all pissed off when everyone thinks the stuff is a joke.

Where have I got pissed off or mad at anyone that thinks Motorkote is joke?

"Just post you have a product you like so someone else can form their own opinion. Who knows, maybe they will agree, maybe not. Either way, it’s there choice"

Where have I said it's not their choice anywhere in the thread, your comment insinuates that I am saying it, that's where I'm getting the "must use"
    Last edited by tackit; 06-20-2011 at 08:44 PM.

I haven't heard testimony from any 'trucker' regarding your product, & btw, truck stops sell all manner of trash & snake-oil cures..
    Oil aeration generally does not cause immediate engine failure so 'thousands of semi's' stranded on the shoulder are not likely, but premature engine failure will occur never-the-less.
    Kindly peddle your garbage someplace else, it has nothing to do with this site..

Any Mod here listening in, please close this thread & end this nonsense. Allowing shameless pitching of obvious snake-oil products degrade the quality of this site to those that may be just tuning in..
    Thanks in advance...
    Last edited by ASE_MasterTech; 06-20-2011 at 10:01 PM.
    -at the job-
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Miller Syncrowave 350
    MillerMatic 250
    Millermatic 350
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Lincoln AC225
    Miller Spectrum 625 Plasma
    -at home-
    Everlast PP256
    Longevity WeldAll 256PI
    'slow is smooth, smooth is fast'

Since when do truck drivers know anything? I've seen more stupid $hit pulled by truck drivers than I could even remember. And before anyone gets all defensive, I've held a class A for many years... It's just that there are thousands and thousands of guys who can barely walk and chew gum, that are driving trucks. I wouldn't put much stock in their financial or mechanic type decisions...

I sure don't have a dog in this fight... but I can't get the mental image of watching a "driver" back a tandem mack into a tree, and when I hollered at him, he sez, " I knew it was there." Sooo, you just kept going until you hit it?!? Just one of endless examples...

Sorry tackit, I don't mean to pile on, and I suppose most owner/operators are a different breed. I just deal with enough morons in trucks on a daily basis to be fairly skeptical of anything they do.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy View Post
    Since when do truck drivers know anything? I've seen more stupid $hit pulled by truck drivers than I could even remember. And before anyone gets all defensive, I've held a class A for many years... It's just that there are thousands and thousands of guys who can barely walk and chew gum, that are driving trucks. I wouldn't put much stock in their financial or mechanic type decisions...

I sure don't have a dog in this fight... but I can't get the mental image of watching a "driver" back a tandem mack into a tree, and when I hollered at him, he sez, " I knew it was there." Sooo, you just kept going until you hit it?!? Just one of endless examples...

Sorry tackit, I don't mean to pile on, and I suppose most owner/operators are a different breed. I just deal with enough morons in trucks on a daily basis to be fairly skeptical of anything they do.
    Bahhah LOL, must have forgot the motorkote that day
    ESAB Heliarc 252

Quote Originally Posted by daddy View Post

But theb you also see the guys that can back up a double trailer set too. A few idiots spoil it for the rest.
    Millermatic 252
    millermatic 175
    miller 300 Thunderbolt
    lincoln ranger 250
    smith torches
    lots of bfh's
    If it dont fit get a bigger hammer