Welding Hats - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Welding Hats

Re: Welding Hats

Quote Originally Posted by HT2-4956 View Post
    I'm guessing this might be a big hit at work with a lot of my co-workers. People have been trying all kinds of things to keep from burning up their necks and ears. Saw one guy this week who was trying to use the hoodie part he'd cut off of a hooded sweat shirt to get some relief from the UV. Didn't look like it was wanting to stay on very well for him. A lot of us have taken to slathering our ears and necks with SPF 100 sun screen before work starts.
    It's funny, Expat Welder had mentioned the same thing in a thread that you know you're welding with high amperage when the back of your neck is burning and smells like Arby's Roast Beef

I guess they were doing a pretty large gouging job (or some extreme welding, can't remember exactly what it was)'in excess of like 1000 amps and the building they were doing it in was reflecting it off the walls.

Oh man, I just realized that color and pattern hat (blue with white polka dots) is gonna probably cause me to get mistaken for a little Hutterite girl. When the woman folk from the local Hutterite Colonies are out in town (amongst the heathen as it were) they all wear a blue head scarf with white polka dots. If you know the code you can tell which sub-sect they belong to by the size of the white polka dots. Clearly I did not think this thru very well when I picked that fabric.

I about spit coffee all over my iPad when I read this.

You're screwed Dave

I can just imagine here in a year or so seeing in the news where the Feds bust some sweat shop set up in a dingy warehouse in Beaumont where Timmy has a bunch of older gals (recruited from local retirement centers) chained to sewing machines churning out these hats.

All joking a side, there well could be a decent business model here for subcontracting out the making of these hats where every one comes ahead and some jobs get created for some older people that could use a little more income to help with being past the point of regular, main stream employment.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTIG View Post
    The 'Wild Bill' - bound for Montana today.

Attachment 1115261
    Attachment 1115271
    Attachment 1115281
    Looks like a Desert Storm Weldor type of hat.
    _____Gauntlets_____

____Genesis 4:22___

I kinda thought they might mistake you for the local Grand Wizard.

As for hiring some seamstresses, the thing to do in these parts would be to hire some nice looking south of the border seńoritas.

Oh man, I just realized that color and pattern hat (blue with white polka dots) is gonna probably cause me to get mistaken for a little Hutterite girl. When the woman folk from the local Hutterite Colonies are out in town (amongst the heathen as it were) they all wear a blue head scarf with white polka dots. If you know the code you can tell which sub-sect they belong to by the size of the white polka dots. Clearly I did not think this thru very well when I picked that fabric.
    I guess you're just gonna have to buy another one with a different pattern.

tim can you make me another hat? i'd like this pattern if you got it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

That's a nice looking hat. I don't know how to make that hat yet. You might better go to the source on that one, Doc. That's way more complicated than what I do.

I may be wrong, but Dave might actually be looking forward to it

I kinda thought they might mistake you for the local Grand Wizard.

As for hiring some seamstresses, the thing to do in these parts would be to hire some nice looking south of the border seńoritas.
    Those hats are white and pointy last time I checked.....

Tim,

I have no doubt that when I first wear that at work it's going to be quite the bold industrial fashion statement that a lot of others are going to notice and want to emulate. The anticipation of it showing up in the mail so I can try it on and see how it feels is dam near kill'n me.

You have some real talent in making those hats. Have you thought about making some do-rags? The one I find around here are made with thin material.

Making a hat for a moderator, hope I don't get bannt. He wants to get his Randy Rhoads on,

Attachment 1110201

Attachment 1110221
    can i get one of these as well?
    SQUARE WAVE 175 TIG
    DUAL MIG 151

Just PM him. I'm sure he bought enough material to make a couple of them.

I'll be sure to post pix when I get it

Tim,

I have no doubt that when I first wear that at work it's going to be quite the bold industrial fashion statement that a lot of others are going to notice and want to emulate. The anticipation of it showing up in the mail so I can try it on and see how it feels is dam near kill'n me.
    Well, I sure hope it works out. If not, I'll keep trying till I get it right for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbanSC View Post
    You have some real talent in making those hats. Have you thought about making some do-rags? The one I find around here are made with thin material.
    I hadn't considered it. I think I may need to concentrate on getting these down pat first.

Quote Originally Posted by Spar-X View Post
    can i get one of these as well?
    You certainly can. Measure your head circumference with a soft tape, or if you don't have access to that you can use a piece of string and transfer that to a hard tape.

Quote Originally Posted by 7A749 View Post
    Just PM him. I'm sure he bought enough material to make a couple of them.

I'll be sure to post pix when I get it
    You know what, I thought I needed more of that to finish your hat, so I went and bought another yard. Then I put it in the pot to boil for the pre-shrink and forgot all about it. Left it in there too long and all the dots turned black. Then I tried to bleach them back white and the whole thing turned brown.

tim could you make one of your style hats in the motif i sent above or a sponge bob pattern?
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

Quote Originally Posted by docwelder View Post
    tim could you make one of your style hats in the motif i sent above or a sponge bob pattern?
    Yessir I can. I'll have to order it up, usually takes about three days to get here. Haven't seen either of those around here local.

That second one I sent you worked out OK?

That second one I sent you worked out OK?
    tim; it worked out good. i was wearing it all last week.
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

Sorry I haven't got back to you until now Tim. I've been out of town until the last few days.
    Sent you a private message on your Facebook page, and can't wait to try out your hats!
    antique Craftsman oxy-acetylene rig
    Airco DIP-PAK 200
    Hypertherm Powermax 30 XP
    'original' Millermatic 211 w/spool gun
    2015 AHP AlphaTig 200X

I just answered you on FB,

P.S. I'm a little concerned about your measuring method...

You certainly can. Measure your head circumference with a soft tape, or if you don't have access to that you can use a piece of string and transfer that to a hard tape.

Those soft tapes can stretch. I would use string or actually, I used 14 gauge stranded wire.

BTW Timmy, my hat fits, got it today. I should add a quarter inch next time but its good.
    _____Gauntlets_____

____Genesis 4:22___

I don't know how to say this but I will try. I use a steel tape with number side to my head it raps around my head pretty well. Hope I got it write.

Quote Originally Posted by johnrbauer View Post
    I don't know how to say this but I will try. I use a steel tape with number side to my head it raps around my head pretty well. Hope I got it write.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  2.4 KB